Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's the latest lens you added to your collection?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I couldn't resist to buy a Carl Zeiss Distagon AKA Voigtlaender Color-Skoparex 35mm/F2.8 lens in M42 mount (attached to a Voigtlaender VSL1 (TM) camera in working condition) for a total of Euro 49.- which I consider as a bargain. The lens alone is commonly offered for apprx. 200 Euro nowadays (also the less interesting Zeiss Rollei QBM version). It's made in Singapore 1975 and therefore identical to the Rollei HFT version (same coatings).

I am already very curios as to how it will compare to my other lenses in that focal length. I will certainly give some feedback on that.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats
Will be interesting to hear a comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
The lens alone is commonly offered for apprx. 200 Euro nowadays.

Maybe someone is trying to sell them for 200, but in reality they sell for 50-75eu on ebay all the time, 49 euros is a good price as it has a camera with it.

I paid 14ukp for one last week, just to complete the set as the Voigtlander badged one was the only Planar 1.8/50 variant I didn't already have. Mine was cheap because the focus was stiff. Fixed that with a quick re-greasing and it works like new.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice old Vorn preset came in; condition is quite good. This is a rather small lens, light in weight. I like the focal length and will live with the slow speed of this lens.

Click here to see on Ebay then click see original listing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:

Laugh 1

Congrats with that jewel! I have it as well, you'll enjoy it! I read your story on another (dutch) forum, excellent job!!

Cheers, René!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another digital projector lens, but this one has rather interesting specs:

f1.7-2.4/20-31.9mm 1.6x zoom

16 elements in 12 groups

Super Focus aspherical element

4 ED ultra-low dispersion elements

10-step iris, 6 blades

After removing from the projector, now to adapt it to camera use.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Today I couldn't resist to buy a Carl Zeiss Distagon AKA Voigtlaender Color-Skoparex 35mm/F2.8 lens in M42 mount (attached to a Voigtlaender VSL1 (TM) camera in working condition) for a total of Euro 49.- which I consider as a bargain. The lens alone is commonly offered for apprx. 200 Euro nowadays (also the less interesting Zeiss Rollei QBM version). It's made in Singapore 1975 and therefore identical to the Rollei HFT version (same coatings).

I am already very curios as to how it will compare to my other lenses in that focal length. I will certainly give some feedback on that.

Cheers,

E49! Like Dog

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Chinon (ex tamron ..? ) classics Reply with quote

A nice score: the Chinon 300mm f5.6 from the 1970's, there is little arguement that this is derived from the adaptall CT300; and the matching Chinon 35mm f2.8, this was the lens I was particularly interested in, it's not common. Just about in NOS conditon with lovely leather cases.

Now the 35mm is an interesting one. The similar 28mm was discussed in this thread:

http://forum.mflenses.com/chinon-mc-28mm-f2-8-maybe-a-tomioka-lens-t74084.html

with the consensus I think tending towards a tamron attribution. I have actually amended the description in the review page on Pentax Forums to reflect that. However the 35mm is more awkward: tamron had discontinued the 35mm focal length when the adaptall series started. Add in the distinct structural differences with the tamron 35mm - a large 6 element lens see this thread... is it reasonable to suggest this might be something different?

Last edited by marcusBMG on Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a similar 35mm F2.8 a few weeks back. It is branded "Expert" (a Scandinavian thing I guess) and has the Konica mount. I also went looking for the equivalent Tamron on the web (because I have an "Expert"-branded OM mount 85-210 Tamron with the same kind of aperture window and grip material), but couldn't find one.

Here's a another Expert 35mm from Scandinavia, an M42: http://blog.bkspicture.com/review_Expert_35mm_f2.8.html
That one has a 62xxxx serial, mine is 72xxxxx (one digit longer).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. Certainly the same lens. Do you find the Chinon badged ones too? If not, I think we can asume some distributional/agency agreement that resulted in a rebadge. I have seen lenses of this series also with an Alpa nameplate, I wonder if that name pertained to a particular region/country - (update according to the PF review page Alpa is Swiss)?

If Luis reads this maybe he can compare these specs with his tamron made 35mm's.

front element: ~ 29mm
rear element: ~18mm, quite strongly convex
focus moves whole optical block.
Optical block ~ 41mm front to back.

The review by Bengt Sandberg (BKS) is complimentary (and he also reviews the 28mm, 135mm, 300mm from the same series)! My first few snaps are encouraging too.

Last edited by marcusBMG on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:31 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting quite a while for a good copy at a good price for this lens and I succeeded. This is a great lens.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE.The Chinon Cases are identical to the Tamron case I have for my 200mm.Except the makers name of course!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditto ...And the lens cap that came with the 300mm is the classic tamron "metal badge" lens cap but with chinon livery...
The 35mm didn't come with the original lens cap though.
I think we all agree that most of these chinons are tamrons: 300mm, 200mm, 135mm, 28mm, 24mm.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:
I've been waiting quite a while for a good copy at a good price for this lens and I succeeded. This is a great lens.

Congratulations.
One of the great lenses for sure
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quidam wrote:

Congratulations! The K28/3.5 is a gem and you even got the original lens hood (hard to find, I've been looking for one of those for quite a while).

Especially for landscapes this is one of the best lenses out there, so you better put it to use!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boris_Akunin wrote:
quidam wrote:

Congratulations! The K28/3.5 is a gem and you even got the original lens hood (hard to find, I've been looking for one of those for quite a while).

Especially for landscapes this is one of the best lenses out there, so you better put it to use!

I could not agree more - superb for landscapes with outstanding detail
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being a landscape shooter, I'm intrigued. However, is it better than the superb Hexanon 3.5/28, my current 'go to' lens in that length?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Being a landscape shooter, I'm intrigued. However, is it better than the superb Hexanon 3.5/28, my current 'go to' lens in that length?

Not sure about that - it is a splendid lens though. I started a thread on it some time back:
http://forum.mflenses.com/smc-pentax-k-28mm-f3-5-t75775.html
I also have some other images that show it off well.
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Tom, I'll take a look..

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's one from a different post
Smile

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Surely, they are both more than good enough and comparing them is a waste of time...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Yes it is better . It is actually better on FF sensor than many old 28mm.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:

Cheers,

I could not resist to buy this one for 40 euros some weeks ago. On FF 24 Mpx it is a good lens actually. It makes "ein schoenes Paar" with the Sonnar 85mm 2.8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some quick shots with my new SMC Pentax 28mm acquisition.