Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What's some great pancakes?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer Helioplan 40mm 4.5?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldhand wrote:
Hexanon AR 40mm f1.8

I can vouch for that one, too. I like mine very much.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Keo is right, the Hexanon AR 1.8/40 is a wonderful lens.
Here is a sample from mine.
Tom

Last edited by Oldhand on Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting topic!

I have three "classic" suggestions for you:

Asahi 50mm f/1.4 Tak shown for scale.

1) Nikon W-NIkkor-C 3.5 cm f/2.5 RF lens
2) Kodak 44mm f/3.5 Ektar from a Kodak Signet (under $50US including M42 metal body cap and 15mm M42 to E-mount helical)
3) Leitz 35mm f/3.5 Summaron in LTM

Here are pics:

Last edited by pdccameras on Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:18 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting topic!

I have three "classic" suggestions for you:

1) Nikon W-NIkkor-C 3.5 cm f/2.5 RF lens
2) Kodak 44mm f/3.5 Ektar from a Kodak Signet (under $50US including M42 metal body cap and 15mm M42 to E-mount helical)
3) Leitz 35mm f/3.5 Summaron in LTM

Here are pics:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

canon ef 40/2.8 (A7RII)
https://photosp.ru/album/tNG4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Rikenon 35mm 2.8 of a Ricoh FF1 Reply with quote

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/59843224

Though too small to handle so I added 3D printed parts for both focusing and aperture, the first functioning as a hood too. Lens is on the exterior similar to the Minox equivalent. Both Tessar optical designs too.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
There is a nice resource available online that shows the length of many compact lenses (including adapters) when mounted on Sony A7 series cameras: http://antineutrino.net/2016/04/15/smallest-lenses-sony-a7

The 40/1.4 Nokton is indeed a tiny lens, especially considering its fast aperture but, as far as I know, the flattest pancake in Sony FE mount (i.e. including adapter) is the C/V 40/2.8 Heliar. Here it is on my Sony A7II, complete with its lens hood, first in the collapsed position:

Cheers!

Abbazz

Regarding the Heliar, I think it's NOT this one: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Voigtlander-HELIAR-40mm-f-2-8-VM-Lens-for-VM-E-Close-Focus-Adapter-Excellent/264099058143?hash=item3d7d87d1df:g:gVoAAOSwD-dbp6ox:rk:4:pf:0

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Regarding the Nokton 40/1.4, there seem to be 2 versions: SC and MC (I guess single coated and multi coated?). Is there any big difference?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
Thanks for all the great suggestions.

Regarding the Nokton 40/1.4, there seem to be 2 versions: SC and MC (I guess single coated and multi coated?). Is there any big difference?

I don't think so. Maybe the MC version is slightly better under extreme light conditions. I'm using the MC version with the original LH-6 hood and I'm very happy with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vanylapep wrote:
Abbazz wrote:
There is a nice resource available online that shows the length of many compact lenses (including adapters) when mounted on Sony A7 series cameras: http://antineutrino.net/2016/04/15/smallest-lenses-sony-a7

The 40/1.4 Nokton is indeed a tiny lens, especially considering its fast aperture but, as far as I know, the flattest pancake in Sony FE mount (i.e. including adapter) is the C/V 40/2.8 Heliar. Here it is on my Sony A7II, complete with its lens hood, first in the collapsed position:

Cheers!

Abbazz

Regarding the Heliar, I think it's NOT this one: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Voigtlander-HELIAR-40mm-f-2-8-VM-Lens-for-VM-E-Close-Focus-Adapter-Excellent/264099058143?hash=item3d7d87d1df:g:gVoAAOSwD-dbp6ox:rk:4:pf:0

Measured my Rikenon 35mm 2.8 without the added ergonomic parts/hood. 25.50 mm from front to camera mount plane (I expect that is what is counted in that list too, not the NEX bayonet flanges incuded). Including adapter and ergonomic parts/hood it weighs 76 gram. You need tiny hands to use it without these parts, at least I can not use it that way. Price; the Ricoh FF1 was part of a present for me, including the first Canonet camera that was also taken apart.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Nikon 50mm 1.8 E-Series lens. I find it perfect for hiking and indoor shooting--weight in the 175 gram range. BTW, the paintings are courtesy of the Boston Museum of Fine Art.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focusthrow wrote:
I like the Nikon 50mm 1.8 E-Series lens. I find it perfect for hiking and indoor shooting--weight in the 175 gram range. BTW, the paintings are courtesy of the Boston Museum of Fine Art.

[/url]

An apology is in order--my above commentary, "BTW, the paintings are courtesy of the Boston Museum of Fine Art," is not clear and probably misleading. I did not mean I took these pics from the great Boston Museum with their permission: rather, the museum granted me permission to photograph (so long as I strictly adhered to their rules) in their splendid galleries. Best, jt