Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What thread mount is this? Hanimex Tele-Lens 200mm 1:4.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:06 pm    Post subject: What thread mount is this? Hanimex Tele-Lens 200mm 1:4.5 Reply with quote

It is not m42 or m39 or t-mount It sit's on a Hanimex 200mm F4.5 which is a T-mount lens. Not T-mount either because a m42 adapter fits on it but loosely. It seems too long for m42, which is true because the lens won't reach infinity. Also the lens is upside down when screwed in and on the camera.I measured the thread and it is about 41.2/2.5mm wide. Thread pitch seems to be the same as m42 (0.75) On further inspection (I managed to get it of) My Hanimex is not T-mount. The thread measures about 46.78mm so that would be my second question what thread mount is that? To make matters more complicated the 46.78mm not t-mount also has an internal thread in which sits another ring which is m43. It can be turned out. Maybe it can be used to adjust infintity (so the silver adapter ring does not entirely screw on, but in this case that would be the wrong direction, I need it to sit closer to my sensor).

Hanimex 200mm 4.5 with m42 adapter From: http://m42lens.com/m42-lens-database/1329-hanimex-tele-lens-200mm-f-4-5-22-v1

Last edited by D1N0 on Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an adapter for a Mirax Laborc lens. They were made by Miranda as medical kind of camera.

Or a some sort of telescope mounting adapter....

JN

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jnarciso wrote:
It's an adapter for a Mirax Laborc lens. They were made by Miranda as medical kind of camera.

Or a some sort of telescope mounting adapter....

JN

The lens is Hanimex. I've looked up Mirax Laborec, but that seems to have some sort of bayonet mount. I think the T-mount is probably a rare m47.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only camera mount I known that could mount loosely into a M42 is the Wrayflex, a 1 5/8" (41.2mm) od at 26 tpi (quite an unusual mount).
Miranda did several M44x1 screw mounts but they won't fit in M42 at all (M42 male threads would just slip into a female miranda but the threads won't bite)
There's a Practiflex mount which is M40x1, & Reflex Korelle which is 40.5x0.75 but the threads on those wouldn't bite at all on M42

There's also a Hanimex H mount which I don't have thread details for - just a reference saying slightly larger than T2.

FWIW thread designation usually uses the nominal greater diameter of the male thread (the male threads are actually slightly smaller) followed by pitch (distance between successive threads ) or threads per inch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
The only camera mount I known that could mount loosely into a M42 is the Wrayflex, a 1 5/8" (41.2mm) od at 26 tpi (quite an unusual mount).
Miranda did several M44x1 screw mounts but they won't fit in M42 at all (M42 male threads would just slip into a female miranda but the threads won't bite)
There's a Practiflex mount which is M40x1, & Reflex Korelle which is 40.5x0.75 but the threads on those wouldn't bite at all on M42

There's also a Hanimex H mount which I don't have thread details for - just a reference saying slightly larger than T2.

FWIW thread designation usually uses the nominal greater diameter of the male thread (the male threads are actually slightly smaller) followed by pitch (distance between successive threads ) or threads per inch

That sounds about right for my thread measurement and would explain the length of the adapter. I would need to take of 3.41mm of the front of the adapter to reach infinity, or a bit more to also get the lens right side up and overshoot infinity a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple of suggestions, and an observation:

Paxette M39 X 1mm (not likely)
Early Praktiflex M40 X 1mm
Asahiflex M37 x 1 mm
Pilot MF SLRs had a screw mount (M32 or thereabout)
The original Hasselblad 1000F M78 (way too big)
Reflex Korelle M40.5 × 0.75

something called a T-Thread was M47 x 0.75 (not sure who made it)

One observation is that the mount seems to be marked "CS", which I think means Contax S, the originator of the M42 X 1mm thread mount later used by Practice, Pentax, etc. etc.

See this link for more info:

http://www.graphics.cornell.edu/~westin/misc/mounts-alphabetical.html

Enjoy!

Paul

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Paul. I think DConvert had it right with Wrayflex. The lens came from England and thread diameter and flange focal distance seem to match, so it is likely. The second image is not my lens but from m42lens.com for comparison.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert definitely has good call with Wrayflex - and what an interesting camera it was. Definitely would be fun to play with if you can find one! Here's a Wrayflex and some images of the lens thread for comparison.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The lens looks like the tokina made (tokyo koki would have been the nameplate of the era probably) 200mm, the tripod mount etc is all distinctive.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. You could use a m42 adapter for these lenses, but you won't reach infinity. Here is some shots with the lens. First one cropped a bit and sharpened (CFD is 3meters) Prices for that Wrayflex stuff are pretty high on eBay. I wonder what I could get for a super rare Wrayflex to M47 T-mount adapter before i go and get 3.5mm machined of the thing Wink

Last Apple by The lens profile, on Flickr

Blue thing by The lens profile, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marcusBMG wrote:
The lens looks like the tokina made (tokyo koki would have been the nameplate of the era probably) 200mm, the tripod mount etc is all distinctive.

I agree, I have some Soligor's that are attributable to Tokina, and a Hanimex, with that distinctive tripod mount and focus mark.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Soligor version of the lens points at Kawanon (aka Kowanon I believe after Kwanon (Canon) got mad.

H4 serial

http://m42lens.com/m42-lens-database/1609-soligor-telephoto-200mm-f-4-5-22-preset

There are quite a few of similar looking lenses on m42lens.com
Vernar, Spiratone, Palinar, Lentar, Sankor, Kimunor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: What thread mount is this? Hanimex Tele-Lens 200mm 1:4.5 Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
It is not m42 or m39 or t-mount It sit's on a Hanimex 200mm F4.5 which is a T-mount lens. Not T-mount either because a m42 adapter fits on it but loosely. It seems too long for m42, which is true because the lens won't reach infinity. Also the lens is upside down when screwed in and on the camera.I measured the thread and it is about 41.2/2.5mm wide. Thread pitch seems to be the same as m42 (0.75) On further inspection (I managed to get it of) My Hanimex is not T-mount. The thread measures about 46.78mm so that would be my second question what thread mount is that? To make matters more complicated the 46.78mm not t-mount also has an internal thread in which sits another ring which is m43. It can be turned out. Maybe it can be used to adjust infintity (so the silver adapter ring does not entirely screw on, but in this case that would be the wrong direction, I need it to sit closer to my sensor).

Hanimex 200mm 4.5 with m42 adapter From: http://m42lens.com/m42-lens-database/1329-hanimex-tele-lens-200mm-f-4-5-22-v1

I have the exact same lens. It is a Hanimex H mount. This is the H mount to M42 adapter you need. https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-METAL-H-HANIMEX-LENS-MOUNT-ADAPTER-for-PENTAX-M42-SCREW-MOUNT-CAMERAS-CAMERA/163804119825?hash=item26237c8311:g:IoMAAOSwZVlXjWHB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:33 am    Post subject: Re: What thread mount is this? Hanimex Tele-Lens 200mm 1:4.5 Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:

$24 ?! Yikes! Shipping to Germany probably cost that much.

Hey I think have one of these adapters. The lens is long trashed, but I'll see if I can find the adapter. I'll send it to you for postage, let me know.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:02 am    Post subject: Re: What thread mount is this? Hanimex Tele-Lens 200mm 1:4.5 Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

$24 ?! Yikes! Shipping to Germany probably cost that much.

Hey I think have one of these adapters. The lens is long trashed, but I'll see if I can find the adapter. I'll send it to you for postage, let me know.

I paid $5 for the lens and then paid the same guy $14 for the adapter 2 years ago. The price has gone up. hahaha.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can use the lens with the Wrayflex adapter. Shipping from the US is usually pretty expensive. I had this lens basically for free since it came in a lot that had a Tamron 19AH and a Super-Takumar 50/1.4 in it. The rest was bonus. I think my best option is another lens with the Hanimex mount and m42 already attached for very cheap but not the 200 4.5 unless it is sold as broken.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
I can use the lens with the Wrayflex adapter. Shipping from the US is usually pretty expensive. I had this lens basically for free since it came in a lot that had a Tamron 19AH and a Super-Takumar 50/1.4 in it. The rest was bonus. I think my best option is another lens with the Hanimex mount and m42 already attached for very cheap but not the 200 4.5 unless it is sold as broken.

My CS adapter looks exactly like photo but is in fact for T2-mount lens, 42mm threads.

The adapter found on my "VEMAR TELEPHOTO 1:4.5 f=200mm No. H39677", so there's another branding, is Minolta SR camera mount (not M42), 47mm lens side, repeat47mm not 42mm.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Hanimex Tele Auto 135 3.5 Reply with quote

Hello all,
I´m just checking in to find out if there are any news regarding this topic.
I recently aquired a Hanimex Tele Auto 135/3.5 with this strange thread mount mentioned above. The back of the mount is marked CS and not P (which would indicate a real M42/Pentax mount)
However, I can easily mount the lens into a M42-Nex Adapter, the lens sits well with markings on top but I dont reach infinity.
I´ve been browsing the web since weeks but cant find any hint Wwhat "CS" stands for nor do I find this obscure Wrayflex-M42 adaptor.
Now I´m considering to open the lens and adjust the Helicoid in order make the unit shorter but I´m still hesitating.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CS stands for "Contax S", which should be equivalent to M42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Hanimex Tele Auto 135 3.5 Reply with quote

slowlight wrote:
Hello all,
I´m just checking in to find out if there are any news regarding this topic.
I recently aquired a Hanimex Tele Auto 135/3.5 with this strange thread mount mentioned above. The back of the mount is marked CS and not P (which would indicate a real M42/Pentax mount)
However, I can easily mount the lens into a M42-Nex Adapter, the lens sits well with markings on top but I dont reach infinity.
I´ve been browsing the web since weeks but cant find any hint Wwhat "CS" stands for nor do I find this obscure Wrayflex-M42 adaptor.
Now I´m considering to open the lens and adjust the Helicoid in order make the unit shorter but I´m still hesitating.
Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex TG wrote:
CS stands for "Contax S", which should be equivalent to M42

But with an M42 Adapter the lens dont reach infinity...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slowlight wrote:
But with an M42 Adapter the lens dont reach infinity...

This seems to be T mount lens with the T to CS adapter, and T mount lenses are reported to have sloppy mount tolerances.
So not reaching the infinity is quite possible. Or the lens itself might be misaligned, who knows...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome slowlight

Hanimex H mount lens, ~47mm, with CS (Contax Screwmount, exactly same as M42) adapter. Should reach infinity attached to M42-Nex adapter. If not, adjust helical to achieve infinity focus.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Welcome slowlight

Hanimex H mount lens, ~47mm, with CS (Contax Screwmount, exactly same as M42) adapter. Should reach infinity attached to M42-Nex adapter. If not, adjust helical to achieve infinity focus.

thanks visualopsins,

I´m afraif I have to do so.
Although the lenslengt looks similar to the same lens marked with "P" (=Pentax M42)
I found some pics in the internet. I also wonder that my item has an A-M switch that is without function and a small whole at the back where normaly the automatic pin sticks out. But it seems that the completre automatic mechanism like it has been removed by a previous owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2021 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The screws look messed with. It is an auto lens so nothing to do with Wrayflex. Whether T-or H mount can be measured. 44 vs 47mm. Since the pin is missing it probably offended the mirror of some canon shooter in the past. Who knows what more was done.