Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What I miss and which liquids?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi what is a liquid detergent? Can you give me a link of an example?

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ordinary dish wash liquid, you know, the stuff by the sink.

And this is enough - not more. Just agitate the tank gently with this in the final rinse and pour it slowly out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Btw why detergent might remove any stains from water that evaporates over the film surface? Our water is bad that if I add anti calcium products white stains remain on our dishes.

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a surfactant, it will disperse any water. Drying marks appear when drops of water are allowed to stay on the surface. You see it on your car after light rain if the car has gotten wet then dried. This can happen with film. A surfactant such as that in dish wash liquid will break the surface tension and will stop droplets from forming on the surface of the film. Its the droplets that cause the white marks.

Do the final rinse in the detergent solution and leave it there, don't rinse it off.

Any drying marks can be polished off if they are on the shiny side of the film, any on the emulsion side would have to be pretty bad if they are to show on a scan or print. Use detergent and forget about them.

Your dishes will have had the detergent rinsed off them, that's why there are drying marks. You are not going to eat food off your film so a little detergent residue (which is invisible I may add) will not harm you as it may on a plate.

Rolling Eyes Alex - just develop your first film and stop worrying about these little things too much. I think you are overcomplicating things in your mind. Developing a film is as easy as making a cup of tea. Just dont use milk and sugar Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check out Digital Truth's Massive Development Chart, http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.php.

Phil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thanks
I did not know this trick with the detergent. Currently I am waiting for my DD-X to arrive... The delivery was too much delayed.. Tonight I will be practicing putting the films in the black bag...
Otherwise I guess that is it.

Regards
A

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

life can be funny DD-X Arrived.. but now I leave fro three weeks. Vacations and business trip

I will have to wait a bit more for that

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am posting back to announce, as I have promised, that my first film was developed at bathroom.
My first scanned negatives would appear around the end of this week.

Regards
Alex