Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What I can do with F 3.65/365mm triplet lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: What I can do with F 3.65/365mm triplet lens? Reply with quote

Got this beast yesterday Very Happy

It is from reproduction machine, weights 1.5kg, covers A4 sheet and has register distance of approx. 40cm. So to use it as camera lens, huge and long tube is needed, which will add extra weight.

Any ideas for practical usage?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't think triplet is worth adapting when it is so heavy and not praticable.
Some people in Ukraine sell this lens.
You always can re-sale it, like usualy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since it has such long register distance, I had idea to use it with 0.5x speed booster, but still too heavy for practical usage.

Another idea is to remove the rear element, and replace with rear element from other, smaller triplet, to reduce both weight and register distance. Or maybe front glass can be used as front-mounted teleconverter? Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great doorstop I guess Wink

Use on a LF camera comes to mind...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried it as camera lens handheld - not so bad as expected, in fact, better than LF Inudstar 4/300.

If anyone wants this, I can give it for free, but weight is a dog, so shipping will be almost $50 Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Each day of the year a millimeter lens. Razz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very fast for a long lens, LF format users should love to have it, sell it and buy something useful. In this focal length with this speed , I sold good brand above 1000 USD.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meyer Trioplan for 4x5 camera.
Mounting may be difficult on most 4x5 front standards.
No way to use a leaf shutter.
Maybe on a 4x5 Speed Graphic (focal plane shutter), but thats a very large and heavy lens for the Graphic standard, even if it could be made to fit a 4x4" lensboard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it turned out, they are used in DIY projectors, so selling price can be $100, if lens condition is good.