Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What do you spend on lenses?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: What do you spend on lenses? Reply with quote

Do you have a monthly budget? or do you just buy them when you see them?

I try to limit myself to ?30 (44Eur) Blown it for this month already!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Re: What do you spend on lenses? Reply with quote

hacksawbob wrote:
Do you have a monthly budget? or do you just buy them when you see them?

I try to limit myself to ?30 (44Eur) Blown it for this month already!

Hard to keep any limit if a good lens come. Some of them never comes again soon or I never see it anymore. Rather than keep limit I buy and sell lens to make a little income to cover fresh purchase. I am addicted with old lenses might be need to cure myself and don't buy anymore Smile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What do you spend on lenses?

Too much Razz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the lens, I would say.

Normally, I watch many auctions and only buy if the price stays really low.
(Most of my mf lenses I got for under € 10,-)

But every now and then, I really want to have a lens and in this case I'm willing to pay a little more (Jupiter-9, Zenitar 1.8/16, Peleng 3.5/8, Soligor 70-220...).

Still, my personal limit for one lens is even in a "want-to-have-situation" about € 75-80,- (and apart from the Zenitar and the Peleng I never paid more than € 80,-).

I also try to spent not more than € 100,- a month on lenses. And sometimes I do not buy anything in a couple of months...

If you have a look at my lens roster (see signatur), you will see what I approximately have paid for my lenses.

Carsten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time I'm skint, donc I don't have a budget.
But I can't help myself when I see a bargain so I jump on it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Earlier I too tried to buy each lens which as seemed to me, was rare. If my budget was small, I took money in a duty and bought a lens. But after reception of wide experience in purchase, I have understood, that any lens will appear on sale again after a while, and is usual under lower price. I have never bought a lens which saw more on auction, all of them come again.
If a lens really rare, you will not see it on auction. It is necessary to search for such lenses at people, they very dearly cost, and I do not buy them. Yet I do not buy.
I do not buy a lens constantly, at me it is a lot of expenses besides for my life and a hobby. Time in one or two months I release the sum 500-1000 $ and I fill up the collection. Then I do a break in purchases.
Half of my lenses costs nearby 50 $, the fourth part costs 50-100 $, the others cost more.