Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What are the next three lenses on your wish list
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: What are the next three lenses on your wish list Reply with quote

Reading Flor27's thread made me want to ask everyone what are the next three lenses you will try to purchase in the near future
for myself it will more than likely be a few old favorites
Helios 40
Tair 135
and the Zenitar 16 fish

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biogon 21
Summicron 35
Macro-Elmarit 60

all too expensive to be expected without a stike of luck...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the next three lenses on your wish list Reply with quote

- Leica Elmarit 2.8/19
- Leica Summilux 1.4/35
- Leica Summicron 2.0/90

Hey, it's a wish list, right?

pressureworld wrote:
... what are the next three lenses you will try to purchase in the near future...

Ah, OK! So like a list of possible acquisitions. Wink

Hmmm... I honestly don't know. There is not really a lens that I plan to buy.

I would like to find a reasonable priced
- Orion-15 6/28 (but it is very rare and normally really expensive) and a
- Jupiter-3 1.5/50, both for my rangefinder FED-3.
as well as a
- Nikkor-UD 3.5/20 (perhaps to replace my Cosina 3.8/20). It might not be the best 20mm lens there is, but I really like the way it looks. Unfortunately, this lens also is rather expensive. Sad

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm hard question Laughing

Jupiter-6 silver and black
CZ 135mm f2
CZ 35mm f1.4
Olympus OM 90mm f2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dream lenses:
- MC Peleng 8mm F3.5 (too expensive for me)
- Rubinar 300mm F/4.5 (pretty rare)
- Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Telemegor 400mm F/5.5 (rare lens, isn't easy to find a copy in v. good condition)

I have more dream lenses (Biotar 7.5cm; Sonnar 18cm; Jupiter-6; ...) but - I must be a realist!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Re: What are the next three lenses on your wish list Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

- Leica Summilux 1.4/35

The Summilux 35 is weaker wide open than the Distagon 1.4/35, and a LOT more expensive.
-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Super-Takumar 35/2 (New prime for small-sensor DSLR)
Zeiss Sonnar 180/2.8 (old version if available, because its cool)
Helios 85/1.5 or Jupiter 6 180/2.8 (because they look cool - how shallow is that ?)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Distagon 2.8/21 C/Y

Distagon 2.8/21 M42 - if Zeiss take the hint.... Laughing

Distagon 2.8/25 M42

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old version Jena is not just cool, generally better than MC!
I have at least 5 copies from oldest one, 1 is extraordinary others are good one like an MC lens. I have a zebra that is also better than my MC.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:

I read somewhere that Zeiss gave the model up because they can not replace the lead-enriched glass to obtain the same optical quality...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
bob955i wrote:

I read somewhere that Zeiss gave the model up because they can not replace the lead-enriched glass to obtain the same optical quality...

Pity - I wonder what the cost would have been for a modern Cosina built copy compared to the silly money being got for the original?

Still, at least we have the 25. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-- "Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Telemegor 400mm F/5.5 (rare lens, isn't easy to find a copy in v. good condition)"

There are several (aluminum finish) on ebay now, and don't seem to expensive. Somebody in the US just sold a batch of 3 black ones (one for parts) for $99.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:

Pity - I wonder what the cost would have been for a modern Cosina built copy compared to the silly money being got for the original?

I think it's uncomparable, because the Distagon 21 was an "impossible" lens, at the edge of technology, that was made possible only by those now prohibited glass recipes with incredible refraction index.
So, even if that glass was permitted today, it would be still super expensive to make it, and probably too complicated for Cosina to make (according to the rumours of the many lenses rejected by Zeiss QC after the Cosina's production line...)

bob955i wrote:

Yes, and it's reportedly even better than the Contax MM version! Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to think what the postage would have been for those three Telemegors if they went outside the US. Shocked

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed them above reason...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
There are several (aluminum finish) on ebay now, and don't seem to expensive. Somebody in the US just sold a batch of 3 black ones (one for parts) for $99.

Sooner or later I'll grab one! Now I am out of money. No cash - no problem Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only two at the moment;

Canon FD 24mm 2.0
Hasselblad 250 "C" or 'T"

BUT, I'm about to buy a new body first, a 40D or the new 450D.

Jules

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now I am out of money. No cash - no problem

Smile No woman no cry (Bob Marley)

No lens big problem...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No autofocus no cry Razz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best one ! Orio!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
bob955i wrote:

I think it's uncomparable, because the Distagon 21 was an "impossible" lens, at the edge of technology, that was made possible only by those now prohibited glass recipes with incredible refraction index.
So, even if that glass was permitted today, it would be still super expensive to make it, and probably too complicated for Cosina to make (according to the rumours of the many lenses rejected by Zeiss QC after the Cosina's production line...)

bob955i wrote:

Yes, and it's reportedly even better than the Contax MM version! Very Happy

I think some of the current Zeiss line-up are still made in Oberkochen - the 1.4/85 for one and a few of the lenses for the Ikon RF.

The Distagon 25 is one that is definitely on my "To get" list.

Possibly the 35 too, but as I have the Flek 35 I'm undecided on that.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:

Possibly the 35 too, but as I have the Flek 35 I'm undecided on that.

The 1 stop slower (f/2) compared to the Contax lens (f/1.4) makes a difference for me, because the f/1.4 in the Contax lens is really useable.

Sure, there is the arriflex-derived focusing ring...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking of Arriflex, is it the 28 that is known as the "Hollywood"?

Actually, now that I've though about it, out of the current 25 and 35 it's the 25 that appeals.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
Talking of Arriflex, is it the 28 that is known as the "Hollywood"?

The current version is derived from the "Hollywood", but it is not the original design of Erhard Glatzel anymore - a new glass element has been added, and I don't know if other betterments took place (aside from the smoother cinematic focusing ring and the 8 aperture blades).

I have seen a quality comparison on a forum and it showed that the current version is slightly sharper in the corners at wide open.

-

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinoptik Apochromat 2/100 mm
Angénieux 1,8/90
Astro-Berlin Pan-Tachar 1,8/150mm