Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
What? You get the dream lens for $350 only! Friends


Seems like it ... Click here to see on Ebay


PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
What? You get the dream lens for $350 only! Friends


Seems like it ... Click here to see on Ebay

I think so.. Dirty cheap indeed.


PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I got pretty lucky...it’s not Mint by any means but still good deal for a user.
I already have one nice one that I got couple years ago for $400.

Diligence, and mostly luck.


PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few..

Black jena tessar 50mm 2.8 +Sigma zoom kiii 70-210mm +Sigma 24mm f2.8 all for - £15

Meyer Optik Gorlitz Oreston on a Practica Nova -£15

Yashica dsb 50mm f1.9- £1

Auto Chinon 50mm f 1.7 -£3

Mint Konica hexanon 50mm f1.7 for $7 ,mint with case konica hexanon 28mm f3.5 $13 same week

konica hexanon 35mm f 2.8 on konica auto reflex A £24

jena tessar practica mc 28mm f2.8- £4

zebra jenna tessar 50mm 2.8- £5

SMC Takumar 55mm f2- £15

Canon 50mm f 1.8 and Canon 75-300 ultrasonic both - £2





Whoo Turtle


PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These 2 rocked up yesterday, 10GBP + postage, both are virtually mint, can't reveal my source but I've also got a Vivitar close focus 28mm f2 and an unknown 17mm Prime on the way for 35GBP.



PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Mr G - that blind squirrel found a couple of nuts Smile Smile
Tom


PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Viv is fd as well, apparently has a very close focus but mixed reviews.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G wrote:
The Viv is fd as well, apparently has a very close focus but mixed reviews.


Try the Vivitar and see what you think.
I had one but it wasn't great. Could have been just my sample - yours could be good.
The 85 is a cracker though
Tom


PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Tom, last 85 I had was nFD and regretfully I sold it, this is ssc bl, same optical formula and coating so will be interesting to see results, the Viv may be a keeper for arty purposes.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G wrote:
Cheers Tom, last 85 I had was nFD and regretfully I sold it, this is ssc bl, same optical formula and coating so will be interesting to see results, the Viv may be a keeper for arty purposes.


The BL Canon FD's are so nice to use and have that reassuring solidity that the FDn's lack.
The Vivitar will be good or not I think.
Mine was not and I couldn't coax good images out of it - arty or otherwise. Super wides are much sought after so if it isn't up to scratch just onsell it.
You will definitely make money on it Smile
Tom


PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Vivitar has a 22xxxx serial number, so it was made by Kino (Kiron), so it should be good, I'm thinking -- or at least good by the standards as they existed back then.

Nice score on the 85, though. I have a nFD version of that lens. More compact, but a solid, heavy little lump. Takes great pix, too.

I'm curious about the unknown 17mm you have on the way. If it's an unknown brand name, I'm trying to think who was making ultra wides back, say during the 70s. Tokina was, for sure (I have a Vivitar 17 that was made by Tokina). Sigma made an 18, I believe, and then Spiratone was marketing one -- although I'm thinking it was also Sigma. Any others? Anyway, I'm curious about how it performs.

Do you have an FF digital to try it out on? Failing that, I guess you'll have to try it out on a film camera. Anyway, let us know how it works out for you.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cooltouch, it's an unknown along with other bits, the only thing showing on the dodgy photo that I could make out was was 17mm couldn't even make out aperture, obscured by another telephoto in photo. This is from another source with terrible pictures, had to download photo then enlarge it. So it's a bit of a lucky dip, could be 80's not 70's.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS, I do have full frame.


PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G wrote:
Hi Cooltouch, it's an unknown along with other bits, the only thing showing on the dodgy photo that I could make out was was 17mm couldn't even make out aperture, obscured by another telephoto in photo. This is from another source with terrible pictures, had to download photo then enlarge it. So it's a bit of a lucky dip, could be 80's not 70's.


Reminds me of a similar auction I was successful at recently. It was a French seller on US eBay. He was selling a Contax 139 Quartz, which is what I was after. But included in the deal was a Tamron lens that he listed no information on. I could tell by its shape, however, that it was Tamron's second version of its 17mm -- the 151B. So anyway, I kept a sharp eye open on that auction and the price remained low. I ended up as the successful bidder at about $75. Got the Contax in good shape, which was what I was after originally, and a Tamron 17mm tossed in for essentially free in the bargain. Woot!

Only "problem" for me was, I already owned a Tamron 17mm. Only problem for the lens was it came without its big tulip-pattern rubber hood. Oh well. It's eBay bound sans hood, so I'll discount it somewhat.


PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a box once with 1x Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180/2.8, 4x Tessar, 1x Domiplan and 1x Pentacon 135mm for 100 euros.
Another box I bought included 1x Domiplan, 3x Tessar, 44-2, 2x Oreston 50mm, 2x Jupiter 11 and 1x Nikon Nikkor AI f/2.8 35mm, also for 100 euros.

That were two deals I still am most happy about.


Reading this thread wants to make me stroll the internet for the whole day to find those big bargains!


PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the BIGGEST bargain, but possibly the tiniest.
On Friday I noticed an old microfiche reader had been dumped in the waste electrical skip at work. It still had the lens in it.
A 28.8mm f/3.5 with extremely high resolution ideal for macro work - it even fits in the adapter I made up for the 17mm model I brought a year & a half ago. Smile

A quick test handheld with flash shows 13mm fills the screen of my APSC DSLR when mounted as close to the sensor as I can easily manage.


PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HackingDutchman wrote:

Reading this thread wants to make me stroll the internet for the whole day to find those big bargains!


I do find the best bargains elsewhere ... Wink


PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
That Vivitar has a 22xxxx serial number, so it was made by Kino (Kiron), so it should be good, I'm thinking -- or at least good by the standards as they existed back then.

Nice score on the 85, though. I have a nFD version of that lens. More compact, but a solid, heavy little lump. Takes great pix, too.

I'm curious about the unknown 17mm you have on the way. If it's an unknown brand name, I'm trying to think who was making ultra wides back, say during the 70s. Tokina was, for sure (I have a Vivitar 17 that was made by Tokina). Sigma made an 18, I believe, and then Spiratone was marketing one -- although I'm thinking it was also Sigma.
Any others? Anyway, I'm curious about how it performs.

Do you have an FF digital to try it out on? Failing that, I guess you'll have to try it out on a film camera. Anyway, let us know how it works out for you.


Still waiting for 17mm to show up, I'll take the 85mm and the 20mm which has a very close focus ability to Crufts a week on Saturday and road test them. Never been before and really looking forward to it.


PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again, well what I thought was a 17mm Prime turned out to be a Vivitar 19mm f3.8, there was a black mark on the name ring obscuring part of the number 9, still optics are good, focus is smooth and aperture is fine. However the serial number starts 99 see photo's, anybody got any idea about the maker?
I've pictured it alongside the 20mm f3.8 I got last week and it looks tiny in comparison, also pictured is the 28mm f2 close focus that turned up today as well.






PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys, had another lot turn up yesterday, for the grand total of 60GBP plus postage I got a Minolta SR101 with 55mm Rockor f1.4, 24-35mm Rockor, 55mm f3.5 Rockor Macro, and 200mm F3.5 Rockor, along with Boxed Auto bellows 1, boxed Minolta focus rail and boxed Minolta slide copier. All virtually mint apart from the 200mm which is still very good.


PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1


have to be this animal. it came in on Zenit XP body in a mint condition for 29 EUR including shpping


PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best bargain so far is a Yashinon-DS 50mm 1.4 and a Vivitar 200mm 2.5 combo I paid a grand total of $5 on. Both m42 mount.

(Base on serial number the Vivitar was made by Komine)


PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a bundle of Minolta Rokkor-x 50mm 1.7, SMC Takumar 50mm f2, Super Takumar 55mm f2, Vivitar 28mm F2, and a Vivitar 28-70mm 3.5-4.8, all for $2.50, it was sold by weight lol Wink


PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some years ago I bought a box of 400 Canon hoods for L lenses for $75. Real brand new Canon hoods.