Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prakticar 1.4/50 for 50ukp. First lens I've bought in ages.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

I've just spent £50 too on a Tokina AT-X 28-135mm c/w original hood and case. I hope it's as good as you say it is Ian! Wink Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:18 pm    Post subject: Biggest bargain so far Reply with quote

Here is my biggest bargain so far. Got these 4 lenses + camera for about $150.
Now i'm waiting for an adapter so i can test the lenses too.

Last edited by Gote on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Biggest bargain so far Reply with quote

Gote wrote:

Welcome to the forum Smile
Try to upload again, first-time posters can't upload photos until their second post (anti-spamming measure I think this is, but I'm not sure).

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Biggest bargain so far Reply with quote

Gote wrote:

Strange things are happening with this site... I saw your great camera and lenses for about 10 seconds and then they disappeared, to be seen no more! I hope no one stole them Very Happy
You got a fantastic deal! Both the 85mm and the 25mm alone were worth it. Congratulations!
That Topcon gear is so beautiful. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

I've just spent �50 too on a Tokina AT-X 28-135mm c/w original hood and case. I hope it's as good as you say it is Ian! Wink Smile

The one I have, badged Konica Zoom-Hexanon is fantastic, sharp as a razor even wide open at the 135 end.

Hopefully yours will be the same. It's a big heavy beast, not used mine in a long time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one, list price new: $5.350

http://www.macrolenses.de/ml_detail_sl.php?ObjektiveNr=299

... for a small fraction Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing deal! Like 1 Congrats

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kievuser wrote:
Amazing deal! Like 1 Congrats

Yes it was (is)!! Whoo Turtle

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the case when you exclaim "Why not me?!" Searching in ebay sold items I fall on a new Leica Colorplan, in original package, for... 3.63 eur. Not that you cannot find it only 5 times more expensive, used, and that will still be a very good deal. But it is always pleasant to pay for such a nice lens what you literally call "peanuts".

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Nikkormat (working, but a bit dangled), with an Micro-Nikkor Ai 3.5/55mm and a Nikkor Ai 3.5/28mm, plus the (still nice looking) box of the Micro Nikkor. All that for CHF 50.-- / EUR 45.--. I hesitate a bit to buy it, because i already have the Micro Nikkor, and 50.-- for the 3.5/28mm seems a bit high. Later i discover that the "Micro Nikkor" box contains a mint Nikkor 1.2/55mm ...

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
A Nikkormat (working, but a bit dangled), with an Micro-Nikkor Ai 3.5/55mm and a Nikkor Ai 3.5/28mm, plus the (still nice looking) box of the Micro Nikkor. All that for CHF 50.-- / EUR 45.--. I hesitate a bit to buy it, because i already have the Micro Nikkor, and 50.-- for the 3.5/28mm seems a bit high. Later i discover that the "Micro Nikkor" box contains a mint Nikkor 1.2/55mm ...

Wink

What a terrific surprise.
Good on you
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hunt them out, so it's by accident. But I found a Carl Zeiss Biotar f2 58mm on the end of a Practica IV B in a second hand shop. The camera was going for £5. The lens is now on the end of my Pentax SV -

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:

Wink

OMG, what a luck you had!! Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark nice catch !

this week i get
minolta rokkor pg 50mm 1,4 + srt 101
minolta rokkor pg 50mm 1,4 + srt 303
70euros

olympus rokkor 21mm f3.5 for 70e, better bargain Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebbm wrote:

olympus rokkor 21mm f3.5 for 70e, better bargain Wink

That's a very nice find as well ... Wink
Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar 85-205 f3,8 #22xxxx (Kiron).
On flea market yesterday, $5.-
Good lens, almost no CA, long, like 3 battery projector.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acquired two more original 1960's tamrons for my little collection for under a tenner each. I had the 450mm f8 previously, but sold it, the 400mm f7.5 is a new one to me. Just been revisiting Luis' original thread on that - fine pics he took on his K100! Took a couple of quick test pics - certainly seems sharp.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunno, Is an Hexanon 28mm f3.5 for €15 a bargain ? Lens looks brand new, very much to my surprise as it wasn't getting sold on the local web site ... Wink

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
Dunno, Is an Hexanon 28mm f3.5 for €15 a bargain ? ...

i don't know ... but i know the Hexanon AR 28mm f1.8 certainly was a bargain when a collegue of mine found it one year ago, for CHF 60.-- at a local charity shop Wink

Stephan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rigel wrote:
Dunno, Is an Hexanon 28mm f3.5 for €15 a bargain ? Lens looks brand new, very much to my surprise as it wasn't getting sold on the local web site ... Wink

For those seeking to break records, 15 euros (or whatever '¬' is) may not seem very impressive, but there aren't many lenses I wouldn't buy for the price of an average quality lunch with my eyes closed. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
i don't know ... but i know the Hexanon AR 28mm f1.8 certainly was a bargain when a collegue of mine found it one year ago, for CHF 60.-- at a local charity shop Wink
Stephan

Holy smokes, that's an even better bargain than mine. I got mine for the equiv. of $90 a few years ago. Gotta love them "charity shops" Smile Too bad there aren't any in my end of the woods Sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
stevemark wrote:
Stephan

Holy smokes, that's an even better bargain than mine. I got mine for the equiv. of $90 a few years ago. Gotta love them "charity shops" Smile Too bad there aren't any in my end of the woods Sad

Not bad - I would have bought it even for 120 EUR Wink ...

Nevertheless i am surprised about all the stuff being thrown away by uninformed people. I even managed to save things like a fully working Minolta XM with the rare AE-S finder or an early chrome nose FD 2.8/24mm from the "wastebin" of a local photography shop. Others are selling their used stuff for a low price (such as my recent find of a Tamron SP 2.8/75-150mm SoftFocus & SP 24-50mm for CHF 100.--), instead of throwing it away. Some charity shops, however, have someone who knows cameras - that's how i got my Minolta MC 2/100mm: The person in charge did contact me, because he noticed on my website that there was no photo of an MC 2/100mm!! Knowing that the money would be used to help alcoholics, i was easily willing to pay the "normal" price.

Stephan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta 50mm 1.4 on x-700
Minolta 135mm f2.8 4/4
Minolta 75-210 4.5
Minolta 28mm f2.8
Minolta mirror 250mm f5.6
For 400 GBP
Not the cheapest bargain but the 250mm can easily pay for the lot and my older copy of the same lens:)

Badr

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cyberjunkie wrote:
Just bought from the USA one more Komura:
Sankyo Kohki Komuranon-S f/5 300mm in "auto" M42 mount.

I am getting more and more interested in Komura lenses.
All those i have seen seem to be very well made. I still miss my old 2.8/152mm in Copal 3, the fastest objective that covered the 4x5" format with (some) room for movements. The Schneider Xenotar was the only other lens ever made with similar characteristics. The Zeiss Planar barely covered, IIRC.

I found very little infos about Komura. I've read that the company went bankrupt roughly mid seventies, but i've seen lenses marked Komura Ltd Komuranon that were made a little later (i own a couple of them in PK mount).
Early preset ones were marked Sankyo Koki Komura, while a little later "Koki" became "Kohki", and stayed that way on UNI and UNI Auto lenses till the Komura Ltd days...
Any more infos?

cheers

Paolo

Unfortunately I extracted that when I made a sep. thread, sorry