Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An auction for a Tamron SP 24-48mm zoom just closed and I was the successful bidder. The seller is in Hailsham, East Sussex, England. I paid 55.02 GBP for it, $86.62US.

Click here to see on Ebay

Now, if you've followed the prices of this lens on eBay, then you'll know that I paid about half the going rate for it. Once again it proves that buying BIN listings is not the way to go. Be patient, wait for an auction, and bid the maximum amount you're willing to pay for that item. If you're successful, you've probably got it for a bargain price. If you aren't, then somebody wanted it more than you did. Better luck next time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
12€
]

Wow! Nice....just read your post in the other thread about getting the Vivitar(Komine) 35mm.
What a great deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, 12 Euros for that outfit was a killer deal. It would have been a very good deal without that 85mm f/1.7, but with it, the deal is simply amazing!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A deal lijke that of iKaren, I cannot even dream about that Shocked
Congrats1

I was rather pleased with a deal at the end of the Saturday flee market in Delft. Found nothing attractive there, till I came at the last stand on may way, just time to get a cup of coffee and go home.
The seller had expected someone who had said last week to be interested in old camera stuff but didn't show up. So the stuff came on the table, just when I passed. Beautiful looking Konica camera and lenses.
I was recently pleased by a Hexanon 40mm 1.8; it did very well on my Nex. So I did have the adapter at home.
The camera was a FT-1, with Hexanon 50mm 1.7, 28mm 3.5, Hexanon 135mm 3.5 and a Sigma K-II 70-210mm zoom 4.5. The three extra lenses with caps in new looking cases. All looking perfect for €35.
I couldn't let it go, I would have paid that money for the 28mm alone.
Ofcourse it was a bit less then it looked.
The beautiful camera has a dead lightmeter, but transport and shutter work fine. The aperture of the 50mm doesn't work properly, but I can test it WO on the Nex. The other lenses are working and looking as just new from the shop.
So I am happy with the purchase.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tanaka Tele-Tanar LTM coupled 135mm f/3.5 with finder and original box + Leitz M adapter for 9 quid! Very Happy

eBay!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raxar wrote:
!Karen wrote:
12€

Shocked
why you even pay that 12€ ? at least the seller could tell he give them to you for free Very Happy

It was in a second hand shop, I saw them standing, nicely displayed, in a locked glass cabinet. I guessed they figured out the value alright so I was a bit shocked to find oit what it was priced at haha.

My very first 85mm by the way!!! I have searched so long for a lens in this focal length.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nesster wrote:
Tamron 52bb and Nikkor 43-86 from Goodwill for... $30
Bessa 66 and Gossen Luna Lux SBC for... $25
Retina IIa for... $20
Pair of new in box B+W proline uv filters... $15
Yashinon DX 35/2.8 silver for... $10
Yashica TL Electro X with DS-M 50/1.7 for... $9
Authentic Rollei bay 1 hood for ... $10

But over at pentax forums, some guy lucked into this, and was asking should he go for it!!

Leica original 1934 model III, "It comes with two rangefinder eyepieces, both in excellent shape, and a Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon S 80mm f/2, Canon S 35mm f/3.2, and Canon S 135mm f/4; all in what I would rate as Excellent++ condition. There is also a nice lightmeter, but I forget what brand it is. They are asking $200 dollars firm for the whole set."

That's what I call economic stimulus!

Did you let him know it's a terrible deal but to give you contact information? Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely come across a bargain these days but I found a Fujinon 135/2.5 EBC today in a charity shop, £30 seemed like a bargain considering the lens is in excellent condition and has the original hood. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SonicScot wrote:
I rarely come across a bargain these days but I found a Fujinon 135/2.5 EBC today in a charity shop, £30 seemed like a bargain considering the lens is in excellent condition and has the original hood. Smile

Congrats! Last time I saw one asked for less than $100 in eBay, it was sold after few minutes.

I get a Prakticar 1,8/80 in PB mount with case for 150 EUR two months ago. Pretty good price consider they go for much more normally.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
12€

Shocked Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

26€

Very Happy

Both the 28/2,5 and the 135/2,8 took a dive sometime and got damaged at the filterring, but as I never use filters anyway IDC.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MD 4/200mm CHF 12.--
Konica Hexar 4/200mm CHF 4.--
Konica Hexanon 3.2/135mm CHF 5.--
Tokina AT-X 2.8/35-70mm CHF 25.--
Minolta Dynax 9 CHF 99.--

and many more Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
Minolta MD 4/200mm CHF 12.--
Konica Hexar 4/200mm CHF 4.--
Konica Hexanon 3.2/135mm CHF 5.--
Tokina AT-X 2.8/35-70mm CHF 25.--
Minolta Dynax 9 CHF 99.--

and many more Wink

Very nice finds!!
Especially the Hexanon f3.2/135. I was bidding for one that started cheaply on evilBay but the auction ended with a bidding frenzy.
Sunday is the worst day on ebay for buyers in the USA.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello everybody

flea market yesterday : pentacon 135/f2.8 MC 6 blades (so not bokeh monster ) for 1.6€ (she ask me 2€ ) Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AMDBill wrote:
hello everybody
flea market yesterday : pentacon 135/f2.8 MC 6 blades (so not bokeh monster ) for 1.6€ (she ask me 2€ ) Very Happy

So you haggled her down from 2€ to 1.60€? You're a prudent spender, aren't you? Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe not the best ever, but I just got an Aus Jena Prakticar F 2.4/35 for 70something euros, which is quite good considering going prices for the flektogon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SK Cine-Xenon 2/50mm, Cmount, mint in box 19€

Razz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this today in an auction room for 52,5€, commission fees included:

Pentax spotmatic
Auto-takumar 55mm f1,8
Super takumar 105mm f2,8
Meyer optic gorlitz telemegor 180mm f5,5 black M42
Carl zeiss jena tassar 40mm f4,5 M42
Minox B
A bolex camera with accessories in cute little boxes

All in beautiful condition exept for the telemegor that looks worn on the outside, but optics are perfect.

Sorry for the quick cell phone snaps!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the biggest but...

Minolta X-700 and Motor Drive 1
Auto Electroflash Macro 80PX Set
Wireless Controller IR-1 Set
Minolta Bellows IV
MD W. Rokkor-X 2.8/28 w/hood 1978 MD II
MD Macro 3.5/50 w/dedicated 1:2 - 1:1 extender 1981 MD III

€164

Photo from the seller

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since my Canon EF was destroyed by a collapse of my camera gear shelving several months ago, I've been looking for a reasonably priced replacement. I have bought three EFs on eBay since then, every one promised to be fully working by the sellers, and every one being DOA, which necessitated my having to return every one.

This time, I thought I'd try my luck. I won an auction at the goodwill auction site on a very clean EF. No brassing on the corners, just a few scratches on the pentaprism, otherwise the camera is minty. So touch wood, cross fingers, what have you. I'm hopeful this EF is still functioning. Oh, the winning bid was $56.66. Not an exceptional price because I see them on eBay for this price from time to time, but they're almost always quite worn or broken. So if this one is still working, it'll be money well spent.

I also picked up a Nikon TC201 2x teleconverter there for $10, which I think is actually a great deal. It came with a cheap flash and a Cokin filter holder and I suspect the other bidders there just didn't notice it because it wasn't included in the description.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
I got this today in an auction room for 52,5€, commission fees included:

Pentax spotmatic
Auto-takumar 55mm f1,8
Super takumar 105mm f2,8
Meyer optic gorlitz telemegor 180mm f5,5 black M42
Carl zeiss jena tassar 40mm f4,5 M42
Minox B
A bolex camera with accessories in cute little boxes

All in beautiful condition except for the telemegor that looks worn on the outside, but optics are perfect.

Sorry for the quick cell phone snaps!

That seems like a really good deal! Is that a 8mm Bolex camera?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Udhave, I've owned quite a few 8mm Bolexes. Since !Karen mentioned accessories in cute little boxes, I'll wager she got an 8mm. Back in a previous life I was a camera dealer and I frequently came across the old 8mm Bolexes. Some were triple lens turret models, some with zoom lenses -- Vario Switars, I believe they were called. This was some 25 years ago. Back then, I could pick up interesting Bolex double-8 outfits for next to nothing and I'd sell them at camera shows for a decent profit. They are so amazingly well made. Works of art, which I guess is why I was drawn to them. These days, they've become quite collectible and it's hard finding them for cheap prices anymore.

But that's not why I'm posting this note. I was paging through the listings over at Goodwill's auction site a couple of days ago and ran into an interesting auction: a Nikon N80 with three AF lenses and the hard-to-find MB-16 battery pack. The lenses are all AF: 50/1.8, 28-80/3.5-4..5, and a 70-300/4-5.6 Well I already own an N80 and I don't really need the lenses, but I've been looking for a good deal on the MB-16 battery pack for quite a while. Cheapest I've found for just the battery pack was $63. So I bid on the outfit last night and won it. I had to pay quite a bit for the outfit -- $126. But fortunately I should be able to sell everything but the battery pack and make money off the deal. I'm figuring the N80 plus the three lenses should net me about $200 on eBay. Which means that I'll make about $75 profit on the deal plus I'll be getting the MB-16 for free. Now, see, those are the kinds of good deals I like. Any time I can pick up a piece for free plus a profit is a time I consider that I've made a great deal.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
AMDBill wrote:
hello everybody

So you haggled her down from 2€ to 1.60€? You're a prudent spender, aren't you? Wink

No, I am not stingy has it it, it is what I had for currency before spending a bill Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leitz Elmar 3.5/5cm = 1.5 €

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
But that's not why I'm posting this note. I was paging through the listings over at Goodwill's auction site a couple of days ago and ran into an interesting auction: a Nikon N80 with three AF lenses and the hard-to-find MB-16 battery pack. The lenses are all AF: 50/1.8, 28-80/3.5-4..5, and a 70-300/4-5.6 Well I already own an N80 and I don't really need the lenses, but I've been looking for a good deal on the MB-16 battery pack for quite a while. Cheapest I've found for just the battery pack was $63. So I bid on the outfit last night and won it. I had to pay quite a bit for the outfit -- $126. But fortunately I should be able to sell everything but the battery pack and make money off the deal. I'm figuring the N80 plus the three lenses should net me about $200 on eBay. Which means that I'll make about $75 profit on the deal plus I'll be getting the MB-16 for free. Now, see, those are the kinds of good deals I like. Any time I can pick up a piece for free plus a profit is a time I consider that I've made a great deal.

That's great. I still have not sold any of my lenses although I do have a few I would like to sell. Embarassed
I am not sure how to get started though. It would be good for me to learn since I do not have so much money to buy lenses.