Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
Not a MF, but...

Minolta Program 2600AF flash included
Remote Control included

for 40.- Cool

LCD display fully clear and readable? I am looking for one with intact LCD since ages.....

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Rick1779 wrote:
Not a MF, but...

Minolta Program 2600AF flash included
Remote Control included

for 40.- Cool

LCD display fully clear and readable? I am looking for one with intact LCD since ages.....

just a bit darkened on the left side, but fully readable

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the autofocus isn't bad at all, is more or less like the one on the Pentax K20 Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
And the autofocus isn't bad at all, is more or less like the one on the Pentax K20 Laughing Laughing Laughing

You don't have to tell me, I have them almost all. Only the first AF-generation is still missing, because I really want to have a very nice 9000 model. It's just for completeness purposes.... Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron 200mm-500mm f5.6 in absolute mint not even any dust inside c/w as new case.$160, SOLD for $850.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Rick1779 wrote:

You don't have to tell me, I have them almost all. Only the first AF-generation is still missing, because I really want to have a very nice 9000 model. It's just for completeness purposes.... Wink

what also amaze me of this 9000 is the completeness of the quite all the modern functions of a today SLR

If I ever find a good one I'll tell you Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:

what also amaze me of this 9000 is the completeness of the quite all the modern functions of a today SLR

At that time Minolta was way ahead of the competition. There is no doubt about that. They have always been a great innovator for the whole industry and quite often the very first who presented new functionality....

Thank you btw. for assistance. Most of the models offered are heavily used and not so nice to be part of my Minolta collection. Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a couple of "used" 9000 bodies and a winder for sale in the US somewhere, I saw on the net, I could look if you want, I did bookmark it I think. I really,really wanted one back in the day, they were awesome.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Rick1779 wrote:

At that time Minolta was way ahead of the competition. There is no doubt about that. They have always been a great innovator for the whole industry and quite often the very first who presented new functionality....

Back in a former life, as a camera dealer, I fell into a great deal on a Minolta Maxxum 9000 with motor drive. Picked it up for very little and sold it for quite a bit. This was about 1990 or so. Back then, Nikon and Canon had just released pro versions of their autofocus cameras, but you're right, the 9000 was a very advanced camera at the time. And finding one with a motor drive -- well, let me just say that while I owned it, I was the only dealer at the shows that had the combination. I recall that camera garnering a lot of interest, but few people were interested enough in it to pay what it was worth. I wondered about that at the time and then I realized the problem. There were very few pros using Minolta AF cameras. I had personally seen only one. I don't remember who bought it, but rather than being a pro, he was probably an advanced amateur -- the market segment that keeps pro gear alive, btw.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CZJ biometar in P6 mount near mint condition 51USD including shipping.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My latest finds and bargains...

A Minolta md zoom rokkor-x 50-135mm f3.5, Tokina AT-X 28-85mm f3.5, and Olympus Flash 210/310? for $20 USD

A Vivitar (Tokina) Auto-Wide Angle 35mm f2.8 M42 for $7.

A Sears Auto-Sears (Tokina, same as above) 28mm f2.8 M42, un-used for $10.

A Rikenon EE 50mm f1.7 M42 made by Tomioka in pristine shape for $15.

A Fujinon EBC 55mm f1.8 M42 for $28.

Carl Zeiss C.Z. Triotar f4 135mm LTM with caps for $23.

Konica 3 bellows for Hexanon AR lenses and set of extensions and reverse ring, un-used, for $55.

Vivitar 70-150mm f3.5 close focusing zoom , and 2x matched multiplier, for minolta SR, for $5.

Vivitar Series 1 70-210 mm f/1:2.8 - 4.0 (Komine version) in Canon FD mount. Un-used condition, for $32.

Canon FD 50mm f3.5 Macro and FD 100mm f2.8 telephoto, for $27 and $25 respectively.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, somebody's been busy! Good deals all, it appears.

Monday, I had to shell out $62 for a Nikkormat FT3 with an AI 50mm f/1.4, both in really nice shape. Not exactly a steal, but given that just the lens goes for about $100 on eBay, I guess I did alright. Besides, it's been a loooooong time since the last time I saw an FT3. They're pretty rare birds. Think I'll keep it for a while. It should be here early next week, I'm figuring.

I also bought an AF setup, but being that this is mflenses and all, I don't always mention my AF purchases. However, in this case, it bears mention, I think. I bought a Nikon N80 with a 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 AF-D attached for $85. I think this was a good deal for a couple of reasons. First, I really like the N80 as an AF tool. It's lightweight, yet fully functioned, and just feels good in my hand. I believe it was one of Nikon's last AF 35mm cameras (not including the F6, obviously) before they switched production entirely over to digital, so it's quite advanced. Next, about the lens. It being a D lens, for some reason AF Nikon users shun them, and they can be found for relatively cheap prices. I don't entirely understand this. I mean the modern G AF lenses are incomplete in my view because they're missing an aperture ring. So they can be used only on cameras that support G lenses. But the really nice thing about the D lenses I've found is they also can be used easily and comfortably as MF lenses. They have a focusing ring of adequate size that has a amply ribbed grip and the ring is well-damped. It feels like an MF lens, in other words.

Here's a shot of it I snagged off the net. As you can see, it's a pretty stout lens. Front filter size is 62mm. Weight isn't too bad, almost exactly 1 pound (450 grams). But best of all is its decently sized and well ribbed focusing collar. True, it's a lot narrower than the focusing collars you'd find on MF lenses. But it's wide enough to find without looking and to grip comfortably. And if it's anything like the collar on my 70-300 D, it is well damped as well. One feature I just found out about it is, in macro mode at 105mm it gets all the way down to 1:2, same as a true macro lens. That's pretty incredible for a zoom lens. We'll have to wait and see what macro images will look like with it, though. Probably good enough for snapshots, certainly.

Currently I own a Nikon 70-300mm f/4-5.6 ED AF-D lens. It came with an F3 I bought. I thought about selling it on eBay until I used it on my EOS with an adapter and saw how fantastic the photos were. It's an ED lens, after all. So I decided to keep it. Later, I bought an F4 and now I use it regularly with that camera.

So the main reason why I bought this N80 with 28-105 D lens was for the lens to complete a small AF set for my F4. And, I dunno, maybe I'll keep the N80 around as an AF backup. Then again, I may decide to sell it, just haven't made up my mind yet, really.

I'll come back here and post pics of both these outfits once they arrive.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolta MC TELE ROKKOR-PF 100 mm f/2.0 (not 2.5) at a whopping $75 (including SRT101 body and 55/1.7 lens)

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sceptic wrote:
Minolta MC TELE ROKKOR-PF 100 mm f/2.0 (not 2.5) at a whopping $75 (including SRT101 body and 55/1.7 lens)

That's a highway robbery, you know!

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor-P 105 2.5, never used, with lens hood and its original Hoya Skylight filter at 150€

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not a real bargain but... I'm quite happy Cool

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

listera wrote:
sceptic wrote:

At the time of purchase, I didn't know just how rare it was, but figured that a 100/2 is always worth at least what I paid. I'm glad I trusted my instinct...

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently awaiting a Canon T70 with an FD 50mm f/?, FD 35/2.8, Tokina 24/2.8 and an unknown Hoya lens. All for the £29.80 including postage. If it's all in good shape I think I'll have done well, and if the 50 turns out to be anything other than a 1.8 I'll have done very well. I've also bought a Yashica 100/3.5 Macro for £79 from Ffordes which seems like a good deal, though not a screaming bargain.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,

A very good deal on the Nikon body and Nikkor zoom. That does look like a very stout lens. I wasn't aware of the aperture ring on these AF lenses. Mostly dismissed Nikon due to cost. Stuck to searching for Ai/AiS offerings. But they are even getting too pricey, thanks to Youtube videos like the Angry Photographer.
What's the mount on these D lenses?

Yeah, some of them I couldn't pass up, and can pass along, some of them I wanted. The Konica gear was still in boxes!

I've been resisting to go (back) to Canon lenses for the longest time. I don't recall mentioning, when I first came here asking for repair info on the Series-1 'Stovepipe', but I started with Minolta Maxxum in flim and Canon EOS in digital. All of my gear (and everything else) was stolen by my ex-wife during a hellish divorce. Turned out she was a fraud, only interested in a green card to gain entry to the USA. Well, back to Canon...

Familiar with Canon glass, I wanted to try all the brands out there. The Sony makes it so easy and fun.
A buddy recently was tossing out stuff and came across his old FD 50 f1.8 kit lens and accessories, and gave them to me. I needed a Canon FD adapter, and down the rabbit hole I went!
The last three lenses listed were nicely priced. Especially the Vivitar Series-1 zoom. I was surprised how much they go for now!
Wasn't even looking for one, just a lucky find.
Now that I've added an FD adapter, been open to more Canon glass and FD mounted 3rd party gear. Would like to add something SSC next.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

listera wrote:
sceptic wrote:

+1 indeed!!
You'll be lucky to find a good f2.5 for $75.

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WNG555 wrote:
Michael,

A very good deal on the Nikon body and Nikkor zoom. That does look like a very stout lens. I wasn't aware of the aperture ring on these AF lenses. Mostly dismissed Nikon due to cost. Stuck to searching for Ai/AiS offerings. But they are even getting too pricey, thanks to Youtube videos like the Angry Photographer.
What's the mount on these D lenses?

The mount on the D lenses is the same as any other Nikon lens -- F mount. There are some electrical contacts down there but they don't intrude with the mount. D lenses still have an aperture ring and because of this earlier Nikon cameras, whose meters couple with the slot on the aperture ring, will meter properly with them.

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just returned from a local car boot sale.
Pentax ME Super with M 50mm f1.7 £1.
Hanimex 75 300mm f5.6 macro £3.
The ME body is shot. Battery and M drive covers missing and generally scruffy. Paint reasonable but looks like it's been in a damp situation.
50mm is just dirty but no visible fungus.
Hanimex is very clean and again no fungus.
Only really interested in the 50mm but how can one possibly walk away for bargains like this.
If anybody would like the ME body to restore or for spare parts let me know, FOC just postage costs.
dino1

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those SMC-M 50's are built like a rock (unlike SMC-A's), easy to strip down and put back together, and I am yet to encounter one where fungus would damage coating. And you got it for about 3% of its current going rate, so yay!

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are right about the build quality of M lenses compared with the A series.
I have 3 A 50mm's and two of them have the known problem with the aperture ring.
dino1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm I'm still coming up on the learning curve when it comes to Pentax lenses. Glad I have an M 50/1.4 and 50/1.7 and I also have a 50/2 that i think is just a plain Pentax lens. They all seem toe be built very robustly though.