Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

!Karen wrote:
I got a fabulous MD rokkor 50mm f1.4 attached to an XE-5 for 25€
Which is definitely a bargain considering I bought it at a photography fair where prices are usually 2x higher than normal Very Happy

Congratulations, that is a bargain.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
S-Planar 100mm f/4 and Bellows for Contax, with papers and packaging, in new condition.

234 euros. Best deal of the year yet. :Cool:

Not especially cheap, but a great deal, nonetheless. I think that if I ran across a deal like that, it would be enough for me to start a Contax system. And for one who already has a Contax system, it's something of a windfalll, isn't it?

On a more personal note, at another online auction place, I spotted a clean lookng Canon AE-1 Program with an interesting lens attached. I really don't need any AE-1P's, but I've had my eye out for one of these Tamrons for some time. It's the SP 35-80, not a terribly useful zoom range to me, but this lens is brilliantly sharp. Sharper than many primes, if you believe the Modern Photrgraphy lens test over at adaptall-2.org. So I picked up the camera and lens, both in solid Exc+ condition, for $20. Shipping was another $15, so it cost me $35 for that lens, and a got a free AE-1P in the bargain, which I'll put on eBay and maybe get $40 for. Which means that I'll have not only gotten the Tamron for free, but that I'll have made $5 on the deal. Woot! I love it when I can pull that off.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe an hour after I posted the above message, I bid on and won a Pentax LX outfit. Here's what I got: Click here to see on Ebay

I've been wanting to add an LX to my stable for years, but I've always been put off by the price. Honestly, I'm surprised this listing lasted as long as it did -- which wasn't very long -- maybe one day, tops, because I had just checked the listings the day before and this one didn't show up.

I bought the outfit for quite a bit less than a decent LX body sells for on eBay these days. I paid $205.50 + shipping. If I were to sell off everything but the LX, I would end up paying about $75 for the camera by itself. I plan to keep the extension tubes and the flash, though. The rest, I'll put on eBay and get what I can for it. I'll probably end up with a final cost of around $150, though, which is pretty spectacular for a Pentax LX, really. I'll post photos once it arrives.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find on the Pentax LX outfit, Michael!

I've just started to do the same instead of seeking individual lenses. Unfortunately, I'm sure the "professional pickers" are doing the same.

I won an Olympus outfit recently, but given the cost of $213 + shipping, wasn't sure if it fit the bargain standards here and didn't bring it up.

In a dusty old camera bag were:
Olympus OM-2SP body
Olympus Zuiko 24mm f/2.8
Tamron SP 500mm f/8 55BB kit
Tamron 2x teleconverter on the 55BB
Tokina 35-200mm f/4-5.6 SD
Olympus 310 flash
2 halogen bulbs, probably for some studio lighting rig.

All the gear looked barely used. Only the bag looked aged and worn.
I'm going to see how this 55BB compares to my copy. And keep the better one. Mine has some scratches from an expedition through Maui (according to PO).

I wanted the 24mm for the longest time. But can't get one below $100, and got the Tamron 24mm in the Winter. Want to try out the 7-element 2x converter aimed at the Moon!

Given the individual prices on these, I think I'm still ahead once sold off.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you talking about, $213 is a great price for that outfit. Add it up -- you're looking at pricing out the individual items at somewhere around $700-750. So that's a helluva deal.

You're like me, I have a 55BB, but I found another one in a local camera shop a couple weeks ago -- no case, but everything else was there. Paid $75 for it. It is eBay bound! I reckon I'll be able to get $195 for it without too much difficulty.

So, if you sell one of your 55BBs that'll almost cover the cost of that outfit. Sell that Tokina SD and you'll be money ahead. I love it when that happens.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I'm a poor student.. so I can collect/use lenses only by bargain Very Happy
My top 3 are:
Schenider-Kreuznach Xenon 50/1.5 m39 for Leica: Bought at 50euros, selled for 1600 euros Twisted Evil
Pentax-A 15mm f3.5: Bought for 80 euros, selled for 400 euros
Rokkor 58/1.2 + Rokkor 35/1.8 + 4 rokkor mid-level lenses: Bought for 90 euros (still have them)

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found a Canon FD 80-200/4 for $20 locally to replace my fungus-damaged copy. Arrived to discover an FD 80-200 L instead.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlessioG wrote:
My top 3 are:
Schenider-Kreuznach Xenon 50/1.5 m39 for Leica: Bought at 50euros, selled for 1600 euros Twisted Evil
Rokkor 58/1.2 + Rokkor 35/1.8 + 4 rokkor mid-level lenses: Bought for 90 euros (still have them)

well done !!!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlessioG wrote:
My top 3 are:

That's what all (smart) poor students do! I did the same...except it was computer equipment.
You did very well. And those Rokkors are excellent.

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I found a perfectly decent Takumar 150mm F4 (pretty rare lens) for £3!!
Very pleased.

Then I found a Pentax K1000 camera with 28mm, 50mm and 135mm lenses for £50. I need to clean it a bit, but its just cosmetic stuff. After that I may sell it Smile

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Takumar 150mm f/4:

You got it at one hell of a bargain.
It's also rare here in the USA. Pops up now and then. When one did I jumped on it. I got a decent price, but 8x what you paid.
You're going to love it. It's a small jewel of a lens and is very sharp.

[cooltouch]

A belated congrats on finding that Tamron SP zoom. A great lens.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Not especially cheap, but a great deal, nonetheless. I think that if I ran across a deal like that, it would be enough for me to start a Contax system. And for one who already has a Contax system, it's something of a windfalll, isn't it?

On a more personal note, at another online auction place, I spotted a clean lookng Canon AE-1 Program with an interesting lens attached. I really don't need any AE-1P's, but I've had my eye out for one of these Tamrons for some time. It's the SP 35-80, not a terribly useful zoom range to me, but this lens is brilliantly sharp. Sharper than many primes, if you believe the Modern Photrgraphy lens test over at adaptall-2.org. So I picked up the camera and lens, both in solid Exc+ condition, for $20. Shipping was another $15, so it cost me $35 for that lens, and a got a free AE-1P in the bargain, which I'll put on eBay and maybe get $40 for. Which means that I'll have not only gotten the Tamron for free, but that I'll have made $5 on the deal. Woot! I love it when I can pull that off.

I had the same Tamron on a Nikon FM2 bought from a newspaper that was upgrading. The photog told me its the best lens he ever used and he used it for all the photos he didnt need a 21mm for. I used it and sold it - I was surprised that I got good money for it. This was early 90's.

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what the SP 35-80 sold for new, but chances are, because it's an SP, its retail price was up there. I remember paying about $300 for my SP 60-300 back in about 1985

Well, I have another great deal to report. Monday I posted a note here, telling y'all about what I considered to be a great deal on a Pentax LX -- made an offer on an outfit on eBay, and the guy accepted my offer. The outfit arrived today, all packed nice and neat in a camera bag inside of a hard travel case. The outfit consists of the LX, a Tokina SZ-X 35-70mm zoom, a Pentax 280T flash, a set of Pentax brand extension tubes, and a Cambron zoom slide duplicator. This is the second one of those zoom slide duplicator I own now. I paid about $215 including shipping for the outfit.

The LX is in reasonably clean shape. The button you push to raise the mirror has the finish worn off of it, and there's a couple of spots on the rear of the finder where some of the finish has been worn down (shows real plain in photos, but when just looking at it, it's hardly noticeable). The rest of the camera is in real nice shape. All controls work, the meter appears to be accurate, and the finder is clear. I did notice that it's missing one of the screw caps on the base of the camera, which, when unscrewed reveals a coupling for a winder or motor drive. It's directly underneath the take-up spool. I'm not worried about light leaks -- yet.Everything else in the outfit is in Exc or better condition.

I plan to keep the extension tubes and the flash, for now, and I'll sell the Tokina zoom and Cambron zoom slide duplicator. I figure I can get $10 for the Cambron and maybe $30 for the Tokina zoom, since it's an SZ-X. So that's a $40 offset against the $215 I spent. Which brings the package down to $175. Heck, the flash and the extension tubes are probably worth close to $70 together, which brings the assigned equity in the LX down to about $100. Which is laughably cheap for an LX. Even what I paid for the entire outfit would have been cheap just for an LX body. Clean LXes on eBay are almost always upwards of $300 or close to it.

Here's a few pics. Oh, and the 50/1.4 didn't come with the outfit. I just stuck it on the camera to take pics with:

I just ran my last roll of Plus-X through the camera, just so's I can have a quick look at how it's doing. I might develop it tonight. Dunno yet.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a lovely little Fujinon SW 3.5/28 with both caps for €5.90 + shipping (which I don't remember how much it was, but slightly more than the price of the lens)

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a MF, but...

Minolta Program 2600AF flash included
Remote Control included

for 40€ Cool

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
Not a MF, but...

Remote Control included

for 40.- Cool

LCD display fully clear and readable? I am looking for one with intact LCD since ages.....

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Rick1779 wrote:
Not a MF, but...

Remote Control included

for 40.- Cool

LCD display fully clear and readable? I am looking for one with intact LCD since ages.....

just a bit darkened on the left side, but fully readable

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the autofocus isn't bad at all, is more or less like the one on the Pentax K20 Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
And the autofocus isn't bad at all, is more or less like the one on the Pentax K20 Laughing Laughing Laughing

You don't have to tell me, I have them almost all. Only the first AF-generation is still missing, because I really want to have a very nice 9000 model. It's just for completeness purposes.... Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamron 200mm-500mm f5.6 in absolute mint not even any dust inside c/w as new case.$160, SOLD for $850.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Rick1779 wrote:

You don't have to tell me, I have them almost all. Only the first AF-generation is still missing, because I really want to have a very nice 9000 model. It's just for completeness purposes.... Wink

what also amaze me of this 9000 is the completeness of the quite all the modern functions of a today SLR

If I ever find a good one I'll tell you Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:

what also amaze me of this 9000 is the completeness of the quite all the modern functions of a today SLR

At that time Minolta was way ahead of the competition. There is no doubt about that. They have always been a great innovator for the whole industry and quite often the very first who presented new functionality....

Thank you btw. for assistance. Most of the models offered are heavily used and not so nice to be part of my Minolta collection. Wink

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a couple of "used" 9000 bodies and a winder for sale in the US somewhere, I saw on the net, I could look if you want, I did bookmark it I think. I really,really wanted one back in the day, they were awesome.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Rick1779 wrote:

At that time Minolta was way ahead of the competition. There is no doubt about that. They have always been a great innovator for the whole industry and quite often the very first who presented new functionality....

Back in a former life, as a camera dealer, I fell into a great deal on a Minolta Maxxum 9000 with motor drive. Picked it up for very little and sold it for quite a bit. This was about 1990 or so. Back then, Nikon and Canon had just released pro versions of their autofocus cameras, but you're right, the 9000 was a very advanced camera at the time. And finding one with a motor drive -- well, let me just say that while I owned it, I was the only dealer at the shows that had the combination. I recall that camera garnering a lot of interest, but few people were interested enough in it to pay what it was worth. I wondered about that at the time and then I realized the problem. There were very few pros using Minolta AF cameras. I had personally seen only one. I don't remember who bought it, but rather than being a pro, he was probably an advanced amateur -- the market segment that keeps pro gear alive, btw.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CZJ biometar in P6 mount near mint condition 51USD including shipping.