Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
That's a steal! I reugularly see T90's sell for over £80 and £120 for a really nice one at the local camera fair. It's a very sought after camera even today. Throw in some nice lenses, and it's always gonna sell.

I was planning on keeping the 85 & 200 and selling off the rest but I suppose I at least have to take the T90 out a few times...
It's also supposed to come with a Speedlite 300TL, dunno if that's any good...

harry tibi wrote:
OK, my turn: A Minolta MD Zoom 35-70/3.5 for 1 euro Smile at a thrift store. I assume they didn't know what it was: it was the only piece of photo stuff in the store...

Nice find! I regret selling mine...

While I'm here, I picked this up last week (60€ for the meter, 30€ for the spot attachment):

Minolta Auto Meter IV F + 5° Spot Attachment

I bought it because I had just bought an Ikoflex IIa. The Ikoflex turned out to be broken (viewing and taking lens are out of alignment) but it was cheap and is still quite decorative. I've got a Flexaret IV on the way as a replacement (25€).

AND I grabbed this for a buck*:

I've never seen such a substantial cable release. It looks rather manly, at least in my tiny boyish hands:

And THIS is what it's for (scroll to the bottom).

*Well, 1.28 US bucks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!

This is my first post and my first real bargain.
here what's in the box:
Praktica DTL3 camera with Pancolar 50mm 1.8 red MC
Praktica MTL3 camera with Tessar 50mm 2.8
Pentacon 29mm 2.8 lens in M42
Smena 8 a weird little camera
Fenix(i think) with a Emitar 45mm 2.8

and all for 23euros/29 USD

Last edited by mutusorin on Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and this a pic of the loot Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My humble best so far is a 1936 Zeiss Jena Sonnar 5cm/1.5 for $139.00.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newst wrote:
My humble best so far is a 1936 Zeiss Jena Sonnar 5cm/1.5 for $139.00.

Wow!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a Canon Power Winder A2 for my A1 for £2.99 in a pawn shop.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Lloyd,I sold my F1 and T90 and AE1 you certainly didn't overpay,I have some interesting Canon FD stuff left,100mm macro,100-300mm,Sigma 500mm f8 Macro mirror and remote for T90 +other stuff all going cheap if you can stomach postage.Regards.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Hi Lloyd,I sold my F1 and T90 and AE1 you certainly didn't overpay,I have some interesting Canon FD stuff left,100mm macro,100-300mm,Sigma 500mm f8 Macro mirror and remote for T90 +other stuff all going cheap if you can stomach postage.Regards.

Tell what else you've got, lloydy and me could perhaps share a package. PM perhaps.
Phil

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phil...will PM you and Lloyd, all equip is in excellent condition and as I sold all my cameras it is just sitting here and would much prefer my MF colleagues able to use.Regards

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

harry tibi wrote:
OK, my turn: A Minolta MD Zoom 35-70/3.5 for 1 euro Smile at a thrift store. I assume they didn't know what it was: it was the only piece of photo stuff in the store...

I saw a broken Minolta X-300 with this lens in really grubby condition in a charity shop for £75. Not at all a bargain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just bought a Zenit 12XP with a Helios 44M-4 lens for about $9 at a pawn shop in Zagreb.
They had a Praktica VLC3 with a Pentacon 50/1.8 for the same money but I was a bit too late and that was a few months ago.
This camera is in great condition! Lens is mint!!! I couldn't believe myself when I bought it...
Now I just need to replace the batteries (or put some tinfoil in the battery compartment heheheh)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two non-Ai Nikkors, 50/1.4 and 28/2.0 for about $40.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not fair. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably not that much of a bargain, but I did knock him down from £700 to £500:

Canon EOS 600d, in box
Canon EOS 3000 (35mm film)
Canon 90-300
Canon 28-80
Canon 18-55
Sigma 135-400
Sigma 18-125
Canon Camera Bag
2 x batteries

All in as new condition. I haven't actually seen the lot yet but I know the seller and it all belonged to his recently deceased mother, who also owned one of my Minolta AF film cameras and lens (which are in nearly new condition).

Last edited by skida on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Snagged Contax G fit Zeiss 90mm f/2.8 Sonnar for £85 a few weeks back. A good price and, even better, it's the relatively scarce black finish. Has slight mark on the front but it works great on my A7r with the Techart AF adapter Mk3. Rounds out my Zeiss prime kit nicely and fits better visually with my Sony Zeiss 35 & 55 than the silver version would.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also picked up a Minox 35ML for a mere tenner from a local charity shop. Seems to be fully working but yet to put any film thru it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vivitar 20/3.8 (Kiron) for 14 USD. Dented filter ring and small scratches/marks on the front glass, but still. Also a Paragon 55/2.8 1:1 macro for 28 USD. That one needs relubing, which will probably be somewhat of a challenge.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been waiting for the longest to get a digital camera I can use my Canon FD lenses with and when the Sony A7/A7r came out, I thought that that would be the one. Well, I finally raised the funds for an A7r and went down to my local camera shop to see if they had one that I could try out. They didn't have the r version but they did have the A7, and I reasoned that was close enough, so I tried it out in the shop. I was taken aback by the viewfinder image, first of all. It may be high rez, but it's no substitute for a good FF viewfinder. I kept focusing on subjects and wondering why they weren't sharper, then I realized finally that they were in focus, but that the viewfinder wasn't delivering that crisp edge you see when something is sharply in focus. That gave me pause. Then the sales guy pointed out what he thought was a significant drawback, and that was its frame rate when shooting a moving target. It was abysmally slow, maybe 1.5 fps, tops. And if I recall the spec info correctly, the A7r is even slower (because of all those extra megapixels I'm figuring). So that made me take a step back. In the past I did a lot of motorsports photography and this is something I would like to do again once I've got a good digital rig to do it with. And a frame rate that slow, with a totally blacked out viewfinder/LCD screen in between shots was just not acceptable. So dang! There went my hopes of a FF mirrorless out the window.

So I fell back to the next best thing, the Sony NEX 7, and started keeping my eyes on eBay auctions. I found one, for $550 with free shipping that had received no bids. Came with the box, the 18-55 lens and an extra battery. Since his opening price was hundreds less than what most others were asking (and getting), I expected the bid amount to go higher. But nobody placed another bid. I waited until the last few seconds, still with no bids, and placed mine at a price that I'd be willing to pay. Heh. I was the only bidder. So I got a nice, clean NEX 7 kit for what to me at least was a very good price. I haven't taken any pics of it yet, but you can see it here:

Click here to see on Ebay

Still getting the hang of it. Wish Sony would have supplied a printed handbook with the camera, instead of putting it on CD-ROM. I find having to load it up in my computer, instead of having a hard copy handy, much less than convenient. So maybe to get to FF I'll buy a Metabones or such for it. I dunno yet.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I snapped a Tokina AT-X 28-85mm/3.5-4.5 Lens for 13.50 EUR

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
So I fell back to the next best thing, the Sony NEX 7, and started keeping my eyes on eBay auctions. .

What about A6000? A6000 is the most complete mirrorless Camera Sony have released. Much faster than the A7 series in every aspect. There is also rumors now about new FF mirrorless models from Sony in early 2015. Faster like the A6000...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF Speed is not everything, for instance, the A6000 Body is entirely made of plastic, whereas the NEX-6 before was mostly inside a Alu-Magnesium Body Shell Alloy...i prefer that, and rumors say next feb will be the A7000 released, the "true" NEX-7 successor, with A6000 AF and again Alu-Mag Body, 3 Dial Operation just like the NEX-7.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael: Is it possible that the diopter-correction on that a7 was set totally wrong for your eyes? I had that same issue when testing mine and after setting it up correctly I am very satisfied with the viewfinder - as I am with the camera itself. It's just like having my old Pentax ME again...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would fully working Nikomat (japanese version Nikkormat) FTN with Nikkor H 85/1.8 for $75 be considered as a bargain? Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jvg wrote:
Would fully working Nikomat (japanese version Nikkormat) FTN with Nikkor H 85/1.8 for $75 be considered as a bargain? Very Happy

Not really. But the good news is that I am willing to cover Your losses. Send the lot to me and I will pay the postage and $75...

Cool

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only real bargain until now is the Micro-Nikkor 55mm f/2.8. I bought it for 2.5 euros, mainly to use the caps for the 105 f/2.5 AI (which cost me 125$, so not really a bargain that one).

This little micro-nikkor was damadged: the focus ring would not move at all.

I thaught of having a go at fixing it. Atfer a week and 4 attempts, I unscrewd almost everything, even the helicoids, degreased them, lubed them and put them back together. After a few tries, I managed to put the helicoids in the right position to have infinite focus and 0.25m focus distance as well. The only drawback is that i left marks on the mount ring while creating new groves for those 3 screws... and it focuses a little bit past infinity... but i'm not dissasembling it again... despite being a quick simple fix... i hope.

I think this qualifies as a bargain. 2.5 euros and the opportunity of dissasembling a very complicated lens (being a macro) without being nervous of damaging it even further. I rarely uset it, though. I preffer my 50mm 1.4 G Very Happy and i'm not much into macro.