Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingRoach wrote:
philslizzy wrote:
A Durst M370 Color enlarger with Schneider Componon 50mm f2.8 lens

lamp needs replacing - it'll probably cost an arm and a leg!

from Freecycle. Free!

I got the exact same, from Freecycle. Did I take it from you?

Just received a complete (bulb, condenser, ground glass, boxed) Meopta Opemus 6 black and white enlarger w/EL-Nikkor 80mm f5.6 lens both MINT for £11.5 + £9.98 postage from eBay. I was actually considering selling the Durst as it's bulkier and I couldn't use it due to lack of light bulb.

What do you recommend? Is the Durst worth keeping in this condition? It's too big and my wife isn't happy with that huge box under the bed. Convince me to shift it, or convince me to keep it?

Also other bargains:

Takumar 85mm f1.9 (in tatty condition, good glass but sticky aperture which I fixed) for £20. I love this lens.
Pentax 40mm f2.8 pancake in K mount (which is now in EF mount) for £25 posted.

+ Some other bargains that were too bargainous that I am too afraid to talk about.

I think I still have the bulb for the Durst if you want it (somewhere!). the power supply was knackered. so the enlarger was 'recycled' the body may make a useful medium format camera.

I'll look for the bulb and let you know if I have it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could have been a great deal, turned out to be just a good deal.

Saw an ad for an "old camera" along with a grainy mobile phone photo of a Praktika with a telephoto lens mounted. The seller had no idea what lens it was, other than it being a telephoto, the aperture range was from 2.8 to 22 and mfd was 1.1 m (he never understood to take the cap off to read the name on the ring, even though I tried "coaching" him on where to find it). I realized it had to be a Meyer-Optik Orestor 100/2.8, and he was asking 15 € for it. Picked it up yesterday, along with a Pentacon 50/1.8 he didn´t mention in the ad, only to find it was the 6-blade version with auto aperture. I hadn´t done my homework and thought that all Meyers had 10+ blades and the change to six blades came when they changed the name to Pentacon...

Dirty and greasy, stuck aperture blades and a (for digital cameras) useless auto aperture, but managed to clean it and lock the pin to make it usable. All in all a good deal, now I just need to try it out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a Konica Hexanon 28/3.5 for $10. I bought it because it was cheap not that I have any use for it.
Bargain or not?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy Smokes. Saw a Contax 193 on CL today, peeling and worn, but it had a Planar 50 1.4 on it that looked pristine. I talked the seller down a few bucks, $200 instead of $220, was her Grandmother's camera. I still agonized a bit, that's a good price but not the best ever for the Planar. When I got there, she said, oh yeah, I didn't mention it in the ad, but there's another lens in there. I felt around, Zeiss pouch, paid and left. There were 2 additional lenses in bag. Distagon 28/2.8 and Sonnar 135/2.8, mint with caps. My $200 deal turned out pretty good!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenetik a very nice haul.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenetik wrote:
Holy Smokes. Saw a Contax 193 on CL today, peeling and worn, but it had a Planar 50 1.4 on it that looked pristine. I talked the seller down a few bucks, $200 instead of $220, was her Grandmother's camera. I still agonized a bit, that's a good price but not the best ever for the Planar. When I got there, she said, oh yeah, I didn't mention it in the ad, but there's another lens in there. I felt around, Zeiss pouch, paid and left. There were 2 additional lenses in bag. Distagon 28/2.8 and Sonnar 135/2.8, mint with caps. My $200 deal turned out pretty good!

You lucky son of a gun...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Bargain or not?

Great buy, especially if its the earlier type (with the serial number on the front ring and f16 as the smallest aperture). But even if it's the later compact one, $10 is hard to beat.
Is is a bargain? Is the Pope Catholic? Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:
Himself wrote:
Bargain or not?

Great buy, especially if its the earlier type (with the serial number on the front ring and f16 as the smallest aperture). But even if it's the later compact one, $10 is hard to beat.

Thanks bud!
Don't know nothing about that Vatican dweller but the lens has those 2 features:serial number on the front ring and f16 as the smallest aperture.
What would be the value under those circumstances?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
konicamera wrote:
Himself wrote:
Bargain or not?

Thanks bud!
Don't know nothing about that Vatican dweller but the lens has those 2 features:serial number on the front ring and f16 as the smallest aperture.

That's the 7 element version, nice lens.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suck at finding good deals...and my weekend yard sale hunting has proven fruitless so far.
In any case by far my best and only real bargain has been the Rokkor X 50mm 1.4, Minolta X-700 film camera, bag and a 200x Flash for $15 bucks Very Happy

Oh and I think I got a damn good price on a mint Canon FD100 F2.0 for $200 compared to current sales prices too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Century Optics(Schneider Kreuznach) ? +7 diopter 58mm Apo close up for $100,saw same for $400, other filter thread sizes up to $600,so I think I got a bargain.

Tamron 90mm f2.5 52B + diopter shot at F8.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
konicamera wrote:
Himself wrote:
Bargain or not?

Thanks bud!

What is the value of your lens is not a question one can answer just like that. The price you paid is a great bargain IMO. But if you check sold listings on Ebay (http://tinyurl.com/owg2m3n - this link is legit, I made it because the Ebay one was a tapeworm 3 lines long), you will see that similar bargains are frequent. It is not a "very valuable" Hexanon, mostly because it is one of the 2 most common Hexanons out there, the other one being the 50/1.7. That is why there is never a lineup for them. Those selling theirs for, say, $50 or $60 are either lucky (lots of potential buyers that particular day) or they caught an impulse buyer. Still, this lens usually goes for several times what you paid for it, depending on condition, version, completeness (caps, case, hood, box). Most seem to go for anywhere between $25 and $50. Of the various types of 28/3.5, the most desirable is the larger one (SN on the front ring and f16) with a rubber clad focusing ring. Those were made from 1973 to 1978. The later the better, because of the coatings, which evolved significantly over the 1970s. You can tell the year from the production code on the rear of the lens: The number stands for the year; the letter for the month. Arguably, the compact 28/3.5, made from 1976 to 1981 and maybe later, may have even better coatings, but it is an optically simpler construction (5/5) and, all things considered, is not quite as performing as the earlier version.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a boxed T2 Microscope adapter complete with 'no-name' 2.5x eyepiece out of the bargain basket at Real Camera for £5. I'm particularly happy with the 2.5x eyepiece, they are very rare indeed. Sometimes 100 times magnification is too much, now I can go as low as 15 times. The adapter is great too, I tried it with my NEX. Great.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found this for 20 euro's..........

and this for 25 euro's

and this for 30 euro's

last one....... for 25 euro's

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm just going to mail you 50 Euros to see what you can find for me! Smile Nice bargains.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya-Sekor 4.5/250
Not dirt cheap (single digit dollars) like many bargains here, but considering its original purchase price it was a steal.
OH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Early KMZ Mir-1 for 15 euros

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1955 Exa with Meyer-Optik Gorlitz Trioplan V 50mm f/2.9 for around 50 EUR:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 5.6/250 for 29ukp.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Wow congrats! Was it a flea market sale?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

You lucky, lucky bar steward. That would have been perfect for the Airshow last weekend.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it was an ebay sale and no-one else bid!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

Frankly, a slow (but heavy) lens that has no mount, tripod ring, and focusing system is just a 29ukp doorstop. No matter if the brand is Zeiss.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought this lot in a private sale for £30

A Canon EF fully working with a 50mm f1.4 SSC lens,

24mm f2.8 SSC,

50mm f1.8,

Miranda 35-70 f3.5

Miranda 75-300 f4.5-5.6 macro

Unitor 2x converter

Hanimex Tele-lens 200mm f4.5

Manuals, cases, caps for everything, holdall and accessories.

Everything is in mint condition with no brassing on the camera, the case may have to go as its a bit 'catty'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I bought this lot in a private sale for £30

A Canon EF fully working with a 50mm f1.4 SSC lens,

24mm f2.8 SSC,

50mm f1.8,

Miranda 35-70 f3.5

Miranda 75-300 f4.5-5.6 macro

Unitor 2x converter

Hanimex Tele-lens 200mm f4.5

Manuals, cases, caps for everything, holdall and accessories.

Everything is in mint condition with no brassing on the camera, the case may have to go as its a bit 'catty'

Oh my donkey!
Seriously and embarrassingly great find.
Canon EF - one of my two all time favourite cameras and the lenses ............
You must have really done some very kind deeds in your life to have such wonderful karma.
Five stars from me
OH