Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

what are the biggest bargains you have found?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:27 am    Post subject: Re: what are the biggest bargains you have found? Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Hard to find lens and not many 500mm lens better even for $$$ so this was a good deal really especially if you can use it frequently I have several long lens and I almost never use any of them.

I am certainly hoping it's good. It's definitely a tripod only thing though, but I am looking for some good moon shots and hopefully some planet/deep sky stuff if I even get my barn-door mount project off the ground Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very happy...just bought an Vivitar Series 1 70-210, f3,5 with both Caps and Hardcase for 10,25 GBP. Lens was described as very good Condition with absolut clear and scratch free Lenses. Seller has 100% positive Feedback.

I may think, thats a good Price for this Lens, isn't it?

Can anybody tell me wich Version of the Vivitar Series 1 it is? Look at this Foto.. and THX for Help

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbrand wrote:

Can anybody tell me wich Version of the Vivitar Series 1 it is?

The following link might help ...

http://www.robertstech.com/vivitar.htm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Thank you, So it must be the Version 1, the Kiron Version, because it has a Filter Diameter from 67mm, and the Kiron Version ist the only one with 67mm Diameter. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing particularly remarkable, but still a bargain. Went to a thrift store just down the street from me the other day. Whenever I go there, I always check their camera gear. So far, it's always been cheapo point-n-shoot 35mm cameras. This time, though, I spotted a camera bag. Inside was, sadly, no camera. At one time it had contained a Pentax ME Super (manual was still there). There was a Winder ME II with manual, a Hanimex 80-200/4.5, a Starblitz 28/2.8, and a Vivitar 2600 flash, along with a couple of other miscellaneous pieces. Everything looks to be in virtually mint, unused condition.

Picked it up for $12. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet, but I couldn't just let it sit there. Cool

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Picked it up for $12. Not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet, but I couldn't just let it sit there.

Another orphan gatherer.... Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here one more.
This morning I was on the local thrift market, curious if there was something interesting for me on low budget. Hardly anything about photography till...
I came along an Exakta Varex IIb with an unknown lens on it. Enna Tele-Ennalyt 135mm 2.8 in great condition. The Varex seemed to work OK, however the firtst curtain was a bit wrinkled. Shutter and transport smooth. Badge glued roughly (at least it was there) Case stiil very usefull.

So I asked the price. It was € 15, including a Tessar, two auto extension rings and a cable relaes in the box of the Enna. I couldn't let it there for that money!

The Tessar has survived some kind of war, filter and focusing ring dented, but still working. I need some power to focus, nothing to use unrepaired.

Anxious to come sleek along the dog I had forgotten my money, so I asked the man to keep the stuff for less than half an our. Returned with the hairy friend, the seller asked my interest for a Praktica MTL5B, looking great but by former clients said to be stuck. He had tried to put in a new battery, without any succes. So I told him that the battery has nothing to do with the shutter in this model. Mechanical problem and the aperture of the lens was stuck too. For another € 2 I can try to get the combo working.

At least the very good case is perfect for my other Praktica.

(Pictures with KM5D and Vivitar S1 70-210 (Kiron))

In the first place I am interested in the Enna. It might be not a stellar lens, but it works and looks great on the Exakta. The MFD of 2.20m can be compensated by the small extension ring.
Anyone used the Tele_Ennalyt?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally Enna lenses have less good reputation than other German made ones. I never have it, I expect quite good result due hard to find bad 135mm lens.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

6 Pentax primes (24/2.8 35/2.0 50/1.4 50/4.0 85/2.0 200/4.0) for 100 Euro with backpack and some filters.

One day I found a Zeiss Planar 50/1.4 for 50 Euro.

Or three cheaper Nikkor prime lenses and a Nikon F2 AS - for 40 Euros.

That are the good ones. Now the bad experiences:
I bought on Ebay a Canon FD 300/2.8 from the states, so I have to pay freight and tax. And I got a lens with defective screws heads and heavy fungus inside. Ebay gave me the maximum 175 Euros back, but that was still some 600 Euros left for that lens :-/
The fungus has etched the lens, but it is possbile to use it and I got some nice images.

On the day I found the 6 Pentax lenses one bought in front of me a Gossen spotmaster and some lenses (one small Zeiss lens) for 17 Euro.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a very interesting kit with:

- Konica autoreflex T3.
- Agfa 353 CSI flash (valid for digital, low voltage threshold).
- Various filters.
- A metal carry case.

and here comes the good thing:

- Hexanon AR 24 f2.8.
- Hexanon AR 50 f1.4
- Hexanon AR 50-200 f3.5.

Price: 70€ at ebay deutschland.

Another one, more incredible:

- Chinon CS.
- Some filters.
- MINT Chinon 55 f1.7.
- MINT Chinon 35 f2.8
- MINT Chinon 135 f2.8

Price: 6€ plus shipping inside Spain, 12€.

Kiron 28 f2 in Konica AR mount 22€.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Meyer domiplan 50mm/f2.8 for 0.99 $ Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mine for today. Kern Macro-Switar 26mm F1.1 (C-mount).

I got it with its older brother, Macro Switar 50mm f1.4 for $800.

Believe me, it *is* a bargain Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
Here's mine for today. Kern Macro-Switar 26mm F1.1 (C-mount).

I got it with its older brother, Macro Switar 50mm f1.4 for $800.

Believe me, it *is* a bargain Laughing

Awesome Very Happy Maybe you can post some samples from these beauties on the cine lens forum?? Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:

Awesome Very Happy Maybe you can post some samples from these beauties on the cine lens forum?? Wink

I will, as soon as I get a new adapter; my c-mount -> m4/3 adapter has a small outer diameter which disallows mounting of both of the Macro-Switars. Here it's attached with a 5mm extension tube. I can do reaaaaal close-up shots only Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

My biggest bargain....

Tamron AD2 70-210 46A.... 1€ in ebay

Shipping cost... 2 or 3€ because the seller combined the shipping cost and I was bidding for a contax 200/3.5 Laughing Laughing

And this Tamron looks very well...one shot with it in the 5D II (f5.6)

Regards!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to purchase this week a mint pentax Electro Spotmatic Black finish with 3 lenses.

The complete set contains:
-mint pentax Electro Spotmatic Black finish
- S-M-C Takumar 135/3.5
- S-M-C Takumar 50/1.8
- S-M-C Takumar 35/3.5
- Filters, lenshoods, front & rear caps, and original boxes.
- 2X teleconverter

Price total set 80€

Jurgen

Last edited by zippie on Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first real bargain... Today I got a Tair 11A in nice shape for 300kn (~50 USD). Smile

Not exactly a spectacular deal like some from this thread, but I think it's good as the prices on ebay are mostly around 120-170$.

Looking forward to comparing it to Sonnar 135/3.5. Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was today at a local shop, just to check if they have some intersting cameras/lenses. It's a kind of shop where people sell basically everything, and you can have good bargains on some things, especially guitars , stuff .; well Very Happy

many film cameras including X700's Canon's then i check lenses : a beautiful 135mm 2.8 Pentacon sits there , perfect from barrel to lenses, trying it on my camera and buing for a fair price of 20€ , i'm very happy !

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rafa1981 wrote:
I bought a very interesting kit with:

- Konica autoreflex T3.
- Agfa 353 CSI flash (valid for digital, low voltage threshold).
- Various filters.
- A metal carry case.

and here comes the good thing:

- Hexanon AR 24 f2.8.
- Hexanon AR 50 f1.4
- Hexanon AR 50-200 f3.5.

Price: 70€ at ebay deutschland.

Another one, more incredible:

- Chinon CS.
- Some filters.
- MINT Chinon 55 f1.7.
- MINT Chinon 35 f2.8
- MINT Chinon 135 f2.8

Price: 6€ plus shipping inside Spain, 12€.

Kiron 28 f2 in Konica AR mount 22€.

They were free gift I bought only Konica 24mm higher price than you whole kit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought today a Super Takumar 85mm f/1.9 looks like brand like new. Price: US$10.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Bargain of YEAR! Congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The other day I picked up a Pentax 645N with 75/2.8 and 45/2.8 for $150. The 45/2.8 is going to be sold for about that amount Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila, I'll post some images tomorow.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rawhead wrote:
The other day I picked up a Pentax 645N with 75/2.8 and 45/2.8 for $150. The 45/2.8 is going to be sold for about that amount Smile

I thought even a 645N body without lens more expensive.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today, a S-M-C Tak 28/3.5 w/ front cap minty, 25€.
Two days ago, a S-M-C Tak 500/4.5 w/ case, 175€.