Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What about this as a bokeh?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:06 am    Post subject: What about this as a bokeh? Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Re: What about this as a bokeh? Reply with quote

Writing down these words is very difficult for me because it's no FSU lens: "wonder....ful ... colours and nice ... bokeh ... " *ouch* Mr. Green

Michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on, Orio! You must be joking!
This is not a Japanese lens, this either is a Leitz, a Zeiss oder a Russian lens, right?

OK, it is just wonderful and it shows that there are some Japanese lenses which are not that sterile but have a character.

Carsten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Come on, Orio! You must be joking!
This is not a Japanese lens, this either is a Leitz, a Zeiss oder a Russian lens, right?

Well, what I can say is that my Nikkor-H 85mm (year 1964) is the most German of my japanese lenses Cool

LucisPictor wrote:

OK, it is just wonderful and it shows that there are some Japanese lenses which are not that sterile but have a character.
Carsten

Old Nikkors, especially the medium teles, are really Zeiss lenses (Sonnars , in this case) in disguise. Not many people seem to know that. All the medium F mount (reflex) teles that are pre-AI (the Nikkor-H 85/1.8 which as I said, is born 1964, and the even older, 1950s lenses Nikkor-P 2.5/105 and Nikkor-Q 3.5/135) are directly derived from the Nikon rangefinder lenses.
Which, in turn, were copies of the Sonnar teles for the German rangefinders.

I am a proud owner of all three Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Re: What about this as a bokeh? Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
Writing down these words is very difficult for me because it's no FSU lens: "wonder....ful ... colours and nice ... bokeh ... " *ouch* Mr. Green
Michael

LOL But you don't have to deny your believes, Michael.
Like I said:

German rangefinder lenses ---> Nippon Kogaku rangefinder lenses ---> Nippon Kogaku 50s and 60s pre-AI reflex lenses.

You have done nothing but praising a Sonnar Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho Orio,
does your lens looks a bit like one of these?

http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Nikkormaten.html

Yes, it's pretty much "German", to be precise, it's close to a 1936' Zeiss Biotar 1.5/75 as it can be! Nikon took an excellent base for their first "SLR fast portrait lens" (like they did 20 years earlier with the Sonnar-based RF 2/85) even it was somewhat "outdated" design-wise when it was new. Like your picture shows, portrait lenses are different type of animals than landscape or architecture lenses...

regards, Frank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taunusreiter wrote:
Ho Orio,
does your lens looks a bit like one of these?
http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Nikkormaten.html
Yes, it's pretty much "German", to be precise, it's close to a 1936' Zeiss Biotar 1.5/75 as it can be! Nikon took an excellent base for their first "SLR fast portrait lens" (like they did 20 years earlier with the Sonnar-based RF 2/85) even it was somewhat "outdated" design-wise when it was new. Like your picture shows, portrait lenses are different type of animals than landscape or architecture lenses...
regards, Frank

hi Frank,
your link does not seem to work for me (?)
I went to root directory then navigated to this page:
http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Nikon_Main.html
And yes of course my old nikkors look like the lens portrayed on your NIkon F. Here's my Nikkor-H 85mm mounted on the 5D (photo taken by another fine Nikkor, the Nikkor-O 35mm/2):

By the way, very nice website you have! I will put the link in the Links section.

About the Nikkor-H 85mm, I thought it derived from a Sonnar - now you tell me it's a copy of the Biotar 75mm. - well no wonder it has a killer bokeh then!!

Thanks for the precious info!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O.k., after this explanaitions I have an excuse Very Happy

BTW:
Welcome Taunusreiter. Thanks for joining us. Your website is a wonderful source of information for everyone who's addicted by classic lens. It's just a few hours ago I visited this one: http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Biotar_en.html

Michael

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK now the link works - don't know why it didn't earlier.
Beautiful pictures you have there.
Yes!! It's my lens indeed Smile
Only difference is that mine does not have the -C after the -H
(Mine is Nikkor-H yours is Nikkor-H-C)
I think mine is older than yours Razz
The person who sold me said it is the 1964 version (although I can not be sure that my copy was made that year or some years later)
My serial number looks pretty early though.
So I have a quasi-Biotar 75mm and didn't know it? Cool!!!!
But... I always loved this lens, even before knowing it's a Biotar. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:
Michael

And what an excuse: it's a Biotar!!!!! Shocked

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the spam protection guys, under xx post not works any link.
@Frank please send a little more post and your all link will works.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Borges wrote:

BTW:
Welcome Taunusreiter. Thanks for joining us. Your website is a wonderful source of information for everyone who's addicted by classic lens. It's just a few hours ago I visited this one: http://www.taunusreiter.de/Cameras/Biotar_en.html

Thanks for the welcome, and sorry that I missed to translate the text completely. Some of my newer pages I wrote in English first than translate back to a German version, nicer to work that way around. But best I like to write new pages than translating old ones... Cool

BTW Orio, my Nikkor-H-C 1.8/85 - indeed, yours is older, but mine is multicoated Smile - is stiff in focussing at certain points, a thing that I really dislike in lenses and needs a re-lub. I bought it together with the elegant Nikkormat FTN for 150 EUR as "buy it now", and probably both are a set since 1971... any idea how to dismount the lens to reach the helicoil?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taunusreiter wrote:

BTW Orio, my Nikkor-H-C 1.8/85 - indeed, yours is older, but mine is multicoated Smile -

Ah MC is a sure advantage but eventually with lenses for me it's the opposite than with women: I prefer them older Wink

taunusreiter wrote:
is stiff in focussing at certain points, a thing that I really dislike in lenses and needs a re-lub. any idea how to dismount the lens to reach the helicoil?

Mine is stiff at the aperture. A normal aging inconvenient I guess. No I have no idea how to open a lens. I spend a fortune for repairs. Wish I could take a course and do it myself.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome Frank (Taunusreiter)!

You are the one with that excellent website which I have visited many times and which I really enjoyed!
Fantastic information!

Nice that you are here.

Carsten

P.S.: It would be great, if you also provided your expertise to the German language forum.

P.P.S.: "Taunusreiter" ... we seem to live pretty close together. I live in Marburg.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio, that's got to be the top bokeh-banana! The 55 and 105 micro-nikkors
are pretty good at bokeh, too. Actually the best of the 2 mentioned is
the 55/3.5 micro-nikkor.

Bill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I found too Micro-Nikkor 55 has one of the best bokeh.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila, is that the f2.8 or f3.5? I hear that the f2.8 has a problem with
oil on the blades.

Bill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

Some folks feel the 3.5 is the better performer in both bokeh and sharpness. I agree about the bokeh, after having owned both.

Bill