Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Westar 4.5/100 repair and missing parts
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Westar 4.5/100 repair and missing parts Reply with quote

I bought this lens some time ago. It is missing two screws opposite each other. Without them the lens front falls off while focusing. I don't have that size screw. Any suggestion where I could find such a screw locally? Or any other ideas. Fortunately, some one else has reassembled this lens so there are some good instructions here on the forum.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have any "broken" lenses that could be a screw donor?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Do you have any "broken" lenses that could be a screw donor?

I have a camera that had some small diameter screws, but they were too big.
Actually one broke off and I had to drill it out. So now I have one good hole and one problem hole.
I might have a broken lens that might do the job. I will check there.
Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few screws from lenses I have pulled apart,what type are you looking for long, short, fat or thin?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
I have a few screws from lenses I have pulled apart,what type are you looking for long, short, fat or thin?

Thank you!
Here is a screw that was pretty close, but still too big in diameter. The length could be the same or slightly longer.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a small selection,would it be smarter to send a longer screw so you could cut it down?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mo wrote:
Here's a small selection,would it be smarter to send a longer screw so you could cut it down?

I think between 5 and 10 millimeters is good. The main thing is the diameter needs to be small enough.
The ones you showed me in the photos looked kind of fat except for the thinner ones.
If you have some that are more skinny that would give a better chance of success.
Thank you. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photos are a little deceptive the ones in the middle, from the bottom are fairly thin.PM me your address and I will send a selection asap.