Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Werra 3 Provia100 DIY E-6 Plustek 8200i
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Werra 3 Provia100 DIY E-6 Plustek 8200i Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, new Plustek really makes a difference. Werra is a great camera with great lenses and it really shows in these results, well done.

At web size, these look as good as any digital I've seen, really impressive. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Wow, new Plustek really makes a difference. Werra is a great camera with great lenses and it really shows in these results, well done.

At web size, these look as good as any digital I've seen, really impressive. Smile

+1. Just look at the colour of the sky and sharpness! It surely beats many digitals you find today.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bhargav wrote:
Just look at the colour of the sky and sharpness! It surely beats many digitals you find today.

+1

When you consider this is a camera designed in the 1950s, it is pretty fantastic. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful skyes and all around sharpness for such a venerable camera! On the colors ,it's allways a question of lighting and sometimes of subjective preferences.I know that slides usually are easier to get right colors on scan. I am not usual with Provia ,it seems to me a little bluish side color on some frames (first one for example) ? Is it the film ,the lens,the scan,my monitor,my eyes or my brain ? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluish on many pictures, not fresh film it had magenta cast not all restored perfectly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
bhargav wrote:
Just look at the colour of the sky and sharpness! It surely beats many digitals you find today.

+1

When you consider this is a camera designed in the 1950s, it is pretty fantastic. Smile

+1

I would say that the colours looks more "organic" and much better than any digital to my eyes!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Bluish on many pictures, not fresh film it had magenta cast not all restored perfectly.

Seems a PIA ,the old films Smile what did you used for restoring the colors ? I ask , because I had too this problem with a strong magenta cast in Kodak color plus 200 .I tried LR and Captureo one .I the end , Capt One suited better for me until now for this matter.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried a little color restoration in Capture One 7 trial version .Don't know if it's close to the original colors .

Last edited by yinyangbt on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hiattila

looks like you are getting some great results from that plustek. very crisp scans. do you like it? is it only 35mm, or can it di 120 film also?
tony

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rbelyell wrote:
hiattila

looks like you are getting some great results from that plustek. very crisp scans. do you like it? is it only 35mm, or can it di 120 film also?
tony

120 is $$$ and I am fine with my epson v500, mine is 35mm only lovely little creature, simple , but works nicely. Probably best what I can afford (500 USD) budget , I was lucky I bought as untested item for 100 USD include shipping.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theo, little less vivid blue will close to reality. I have two kind of process to remove very strong magenta,

1) restore color by scanner and fine tunning in Acdseepro
2) restore in acdsee pro only, with care pretty much successful.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colours aren't quite right for me. Just too saturated for my taste.

No.8 is my favourite.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Theo, little less vivid blue will close to reality. I have two kind of process to remove very strong magenta,

Was't there Laughing Our friend Yebisu is right , a bit too vivid colors but it's pure subjective
As for the color restoring metods, I find too the second manner more suited to my capabilities .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Attila wrote:

Was't there Laughing Our friend Yebisu is right , a bit too vivid colors but it's pure subjective
As for the color restoring metods, I find too the second manner more suited to my capabilities .

I agree with Yebisu too vivid , it can come out better for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more attempt, color is adjusted.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:

+1 Yes, #8 concedes nothing to digital for detail, wow! If there's a way to correct for the cobalt-blue sky in some
of these would be welcomed.