Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Welcome to the family, X-E2!
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:56 am    Post subject: Welcome to the family, X-E2! Reply with quote

This is the reason why I am going to sell all my Pentax and Canon EOS gear soon!

(Keep your eyes open!)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the family, X-E2! Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:

(Keep your eyes open!)

Shocked <----- eyes wide open Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why three of them and no X-Pro1?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Why three of them and no X-Pro1?

Two reasons:

1. I had the X-E1 first, then the X-T1 and did not want to buy another one, but then a good friend offered me a mint X-E2 for a very fair price. So I could not resist.

2. The X-Pro1 still is pretty expensive for what it offers. The only special thing about it is the optical viewfinder. But it disappointed me at the last Photokina, the AF performance sucked then. Perhaps it's better meanwhile with new firmware. Anyway, te X-Pro1 is too expensive for its value.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, congrats Carsten, what a set!
I even had missed that you had the X-T1, amazing camera. The X-Pro 1 has the looks, but isn't the X-T1 Fuji's top model and superior?
May I ask, are you using mostly Fuji AF lenses on these?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kuuan wrote:
wow, congrats Carsten, what a set!
I even had missed that you had the X-T1, amazing camera. The X-Pro 1 has the looks, but isn't the X-T1 Fuji's top model and superior?
May I ask, are you using mostly Fuji AF lenses on these?

Thanks, Andy.

Yes, the X-T1 is considered one step above the X-Pro1, but acually those are different cams and not really comparable.

The X-Pro1 shares the sensor with the X-E1, and the X-E2 shares the newer sensor with the X-T1 (plus the newer and better AF system).

I use Fuji AF lenses (1.4/35 and 18-55, not so much the 50-230) for about 50% with those cams, and the other 50% mainly those MF-lenses:

Samyang 2.0/12 CS
Samyang 2.0/16 CS
Pentax-A 1.4/50 (plus LensTurbo)
Fujinon 1.8/55 (M42)
Voigtländer Color Heliar 2.5/75
Leica Tele-Elmarit-M 2.8/90

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Carsten, the XT-1 is on my target as well Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Welcome to the family, X-E2! Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
LucisPictor wrote:

(Keep your eyes open!)

Shocked <----- eyes wide open Laughing

SmileSmile mine too