Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Week 35"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: "Week 35" Reply with quote

To continue the topic weeks, I'd like to declare the "Week 35" opened. Wink

In this thread please post pictures that you took with a 35 (37)mm lens or with an equivalent of about 35mm. (Please state which one it was.)

Looking forward to seeing your shots.

Thanks!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hohum... have to dig out the crappy 18-55 again as I'm short of a 35mm. Hey, it might not be as sh*t in the middle of its range Smile

Doh! (slaps forehead) I was totally forgetting about the Tamron 35-80. A much better proposition.

Last edited by Farside on Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I didn't think that my EF-S 18-55 was "crappy". It was poorly built but the results were not bad at all. (Still, I sold it to help with my Sigma 17-70 acquisition which is in every respect a better lens.) Wink

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, niblue. (Hey, I am a poet. Shocked No, I am a "rhymer". Wink)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 35/2.4 Reply with quote

I am getting very fond of this lens - love the colours it seems to squeeze out:

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Your Nikon and Flek are perfect couple Smile Superb shoots ! Especially the #1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@patrickh
Excellent colouring - eyecatching stuff, especially the grape shot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Flek 2.4/35

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Actually, I didn't think that my EF-S 18-55 was "crappy". It was poorly built but the results were not bad at all. (Still, I sold it to help with my Sigma 17-70 acquisition which is in every respect a better lens.) Wink

I only bought it to have something at the wide end and when all's said and done it's only a twenty quid lens - just as well, as it certainly isn't worth any more. I can see how Canon only included it as a kit lens - if they'd tried to sell it seperately there would have been a lot of returns and demands for refunds, I think. If I only intended to take snapshots with it it'd do fine, but its shortcomings really show up at the wide end, just where I didn't want it to. It shows its value as a lens I don't mind breaking or getting wet - no great loss.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 35mm f1.4 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Olympus OM 35-70 f3.6 Reply with quote

I got this superb lens from our Patrick, we trade some lenses.

I believe not many DSLR and lens can produce this colors. (This is made by Olympus E-1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF, MF doesn't matter do it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice place Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice shots!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?p=25067#25067