Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Week 35"
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:13 pm    Post subject: "Week 35" Reply with quote

To continue the topic weeks, I'd like to declare the "Week 35" opened. Wink

In this thread please post pictures that you took with a 35 (37)mm lens or with an equivalent of about 35mm. (Please state which one it was.)

Looking forward to seeing your shots.

Thanks!

Last edited by LucisPictor on Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:55 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hohum... have to dig out the crappy 18-55 again as I'm short of a 35mm. Hey, it might not be as sh*t in the middle of its range Smile

Doh! (slaps forehead) I was totally forgetting about the Tamron 35-80. A much better proposition.

Last edited by Farside on Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I didn't think that my EF-S 18-55 was "crappy". It was poorly built but the results were not bad at all. (Still, I sold it to help with my Sigma 17-70 acquisition which is in every respect a better lens.) Wink

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you, niblue. (Hey, I am a poet. Shocked No, I am a "rhymer". Wink)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:01 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 35/2.4 Reply with quote

I am getting very fond of this lens - love the colours it seems to squeeze out:

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Your Nikon and Flek are perfect couple Smile Superb shoots ! Especially the #1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@patrickh
Excellent colouring - eyecatching stuff, especially the grape shot.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also Flek 2.4/35

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Actually, I didn't think that my EF-S 18-55 was "crappy". It was poorly built but the results were not bad at all. (Still, I sold it to help with my Sigma 17-70 acquisition which is in every respect a better lens.) Wink

I only bought it to have something at the wide end and when all's said and done it's only a twenty quid lens - just as well, as it certainly isn't worth any more. I can see how Canon only included it as a kit lens - if they'd tried to sell it seperately there would have been a lot of returns and demands for refunds, I think. If I only intended to take snapshots with it it'd do fine, but its shortcomings really show up at the wide end, just where I didn't want it to. It shows its value as a lens I don't mind breaking or getting wet - no great loss.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 35mm f1.4 Reply with quote

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:36 pm    Post subject: Olympus OM 35-70 f3.6 Reply with quote

I got this superb lens from our Patrick, we trade some lenses.

I believe not many DSLR and lens can produce this colors. (This is made by Olympus E-1)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AF, MF doesn't matter do it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice place Smile

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice shots!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! http://forum.mflenses.com/viewtopic.php?p=25067#25067