Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Waterfall
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:42 pm    Post subject: Waterfall Reply with quote

I'd like some honest C&C. What do you see when you look at this picture:

NEX6_0002_6821-6833 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

(Tech: 4x3 pano stitch made with Samyang 12mm/2.0 @ f/11 + CPL + ND8 on NEX-6.)

Thank you. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great place what is not come back well on picture, all excellent pictures has something what is clearly draw your attention. Here all parts are same, no dedicated area.
Especially waterfall is marginal part of image Sad with light, with shadows, with composition always need to select some part of image what is main attraction in frame.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. That's the kind of input I need and really appreciate. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

miran wrote:
Thank you very much. That's the kind of input I need and really appreciate. Smile

Happy Dog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focus and depth-of-field from foreground to infinity is very good, however it is at the limits of lens capability -- usual a little less strain on lens capability will result in more relaxed, better photo.

The photo suffers from "big nose syndrome", i.e., lens is too close to subject, resulting in distortion of features, as when 50mm lens is used too close to face -- nose is too big.

Moving back only a little will rapid reduce the "big nose" distortion, and, get dof more within lens capability.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only problem is, there was a 5m drop right behind where I setup the tripod. I actually had to balance it right on the edge of the rock and I couldn't stand behind it. I had stand at the side and hang over the drop to actually see anything on the camera LCD. So to move back I'd need a hovering board. Razz

I did a different crop and processing. Maybe a tiny little bit better but not much probably. Neutral

NEX6_0002_6821-6833-1 by Miran Amon, on Flickr