Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wasted Money
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Wasted Money Reply with quote

I have bought a Nikon lens to M42 body adapter, from Roxsen, I was hoping to use my Nikkor 28/2 together with my M42 lenses, but I had to make the sad finding that it does not support focus to infinity.

4,99 pounds in the trash bin.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way to "tune" it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's a solid piece of plastic with the metal mount on top, impossible to thin it out, judging on how close it focuses I'd say there is at least half a centimeter too much.
The people who made this adapter had no idea of what they were doing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's bad. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Sorry about that. It was this one right .
The difference would be ~1mm between the two register distances so the adapter has to be made very precise.
I searched for this kind of adapter but, except this one, above, I didn't find anything else. I fact I was searchig for a Nikon to K Pentax adapter. Even if the M42-F Nikon adapter would have work I am not sure if using 2 adapters K Pentax->M42 + M42-> F Nikon I would have manage to focus to infinity.