Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wasted Money
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Wasted Money Reply with quote

I have bought a Nikon lens to M42 body adapter, from Roxsen, I was hoping to use my Nikkor 28/2 together with my M42 lenses, but I had to make the sad finding that it does not support focus to infinity.

4,99 pounds in the trash bin.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way to "tune" it?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's a solid piece of plastic with the metal mount on top, impossible to thin it out, judging on how close it focuses I'd say there is at least half a centimeter too much.
The people who made this adapter had no idea of what they were doing.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's bad. Sad

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Sorry about that. It was this one right .
The difference would be ~1mm between the two register distances so the adapter has to be made very precise.
I searched for this kind of adapter but, except this one, above, I didn't find anything else. I fact I was searchig for a Nikon to K Pentax adapter. Even if the M42-F Nikon adapter would have work I am not sure if using 2 adapters K Pentax->M42 + M42-> F Nikon I would have manage to focus to infinity.