Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wallpaper Trays for big print development...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 5:02 pm    Post subject: Wallpaper Trays for big print development... Reply with quote

I know I'm not the first person to think of this, but did a Google search for "wallpaper tray" and mflenses.com and haven't seen it mentioned here before so...

Bought a stash of BIG paper. More than I can use in a lifetime, in fact. BOXES of 50 sheets of 20x24 Ilford Multigrade (IV, Pearl, I think). I got to thinking how someone who didn't have big trays might process this stuff. Ignoring the deluxe JOBO CPP-2 processor method that the Big Boys might use. Smile

And that brought me to wallpaper trays. (If you've never hung wallpaper here's a pic:

Very cheap and available in any hardware/paint store/section. You'd need to move the paper back and forth through the chemistry in a consistent manner until full/even development would be achieved, but it would have the benefit of taking very little space and chemistry (compared to full size trays).

Thought I'd pass the idea along.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Resourceful and ingenious, thanks for sharing! Smile

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very useful.
Or use 115mm soil pipe (for slightly smaller sizes) and two end caps and rolling it on the benchtop /floating it in the sink while rolling it.
Poly pipe is available in big sizes for your large sheets, but caps would need to be made up.