Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

w-komura 24mm 3.5 UNI-T mount any good?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:59 pm    Post subject: w-komura 24mm 3.5 UNI-T mount any good? Reply with quote

I found this lens but there is no info about it, except something in russian and japanese ,which i don't understand. Anybody knows it?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are still some pictures from the lens on flickr and a discussion about its close relatives, a 3,5/28 and a 4/24, also here.

If you use google translate that largerly improved in quality the last years, you'll read from the Russian site that the lens is very good from w/o in the center and razor sharp overall from f8.

Cheers

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for answering ,good info even3 though not to much about this rare item. What adapter should i need to Sony? As my actually komura's are Nikon (interchangeable ring mount)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever adapter matches the Unidapter mount on the lens. Unidapter mounts are somewhat common in M42, Nikon, Minolta, and Exakta. But you often have to buy a lens to get the one you want. I bought a cheap 135mm Komura lens to get an Exakta adapter for my Komura 100/1.8. Not now I use the M42 that came on it for my Pentax K-1.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received one only a few days ago, my copy is a Uni-Auto model. Initial testing so far is not too good, the corners are blurry. It may be just my copy. If you buy and try one, you shouldn't lose money as Komura are a brand that gets plenty of interest, and the 24mm lens is a little more rare than some of their other focal lengths.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Shriver wrote:
Whatever adapter matches the Unidapter mount on the lens. Unidapter mounts are somewhat common in M42, Nikon, Minolta, and Exakta. But you often have to buy a lens to get the one you want. I bought a cheap 135mm Komura lens to get an Exakta adapter for my Komura 100/1.8. Not now I use the M42 that came on it for my Pentax K-1.

I also have the 100 1.8 ,but it's mount ring,which can be unscrewed and changed to other mount,seems different that the 24's mm which doesn't appear to unscrew. For portraits, i like the 1.8 and in fact,is the only 100mm 1.8 i have (who knows if it's a real 1.8 or not....)