Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

W/A lens compatability with m4/3--expertise sought
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: W/A lens compatability with m4/3--expertise sought Reply with quote

i am pretty much very close to realizing my switchover from an slr based film/digi arsenal to a rangefinder/m4/3 based one. however my single WA is the very nice cv snapshot skopar 25/4. i am somewhat daunted about adding to the WA end of my collection because i think many lenses i want may not be compatible with m4/3, in that many have large rear elements that butt up against the m4/3 sensor. so i need some advice.

my first preference are contax G zeiss 21 and 28, but ive heard conflicting reports on whether their rear elements will hit the m4/3 sensor. can anyone definitively address this issue?

next, i,m thinking of the cv15/4.5. does anyone use this on m4/3?

lastly any recomendations on RF lenses between 15-28mm that are useable on both M mount AND m4/3, in the $500 or less range?

lastly lastly, if anyone has a lens in this category for sale, let me know!
thanks guys!
tony

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contax G 28 works on mFT with Metabones adapter. I don't know if the 21 Biogon will work - i don't have it.
If you need compatibility between mFT and other RF bodies the cv15 should be the best.
If you can live with lens which will work only on the Pen the 14mm Panasonic is very nice and can be found new on ebay for around $160.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks stefan, that is good to know about the G28, i had read the opposite. that is a great lens and i'm glad i can use it!