Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Volna-3 80mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Volna-3 80mm f2.8 Reply with quote

Anyone who have experience with this lens?

Wich adapter for using it on Canon 5D Mark II?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No experience, but to know how to adapt it, you need to know which bayonet is it : Б (pentacon 6) or B (Kiev-8Cool

Here is a Б :

Here is a B :

If it's a Б, you need an adapter Pentacon-6 to Canon. If it's a B, you need a Kiev/salut adapter to Canon. The second one is harder to find, whereas the first one is made by chineese for few dollars on ebay.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BurstMox wrote:
No experience, but to know how to adapt it, you need to know which bayonet is it : Б (pentacon 6) or B (Kiev-8Cool

Here is a Б :

Here is a B :

If it's a Б, you need an adapter Pentacon-6 to Canon. If it's a B, you need a Kiev/salut adapter to Canon. The second one is harder to find, whereas the first one is made by chineese for few dollars on ebay.

Thanks Pierre Smile

Well, I couldn't say that I understand more now Smile I See a lens up side down and from that you can tell wich adapter? That's good of you Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lots of quality variation on these lenses.

I bougth two Arsat C's and one Volna-3. I end up selling them all, because they where much softer than the Biometar, also lots of vignetting on 6x6.

I do know some of them are excellent, because a friend of mine owns one. I will probabily buy a couple more till a find one I can shoot both on digital and 120 film.