Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Volna-3 80mm f2.8 on the NEX-5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Volna-3 80mm f2.8 on the NEX-5 Reply with quote

THis is a nice Volna-3 that I got from Carsten some time ago.
On the NEX looks a little bulky but otehrwise is a fine lens. Since I was unable to get a NEX - Pentacon six adapter, I used the E-4/3, 4/3 - PK, PK-Pentacon six, each on top of the other:

Not bad sharpness:

Focus on the ventilation slots:

Saludos.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to see the Volna again, Jes!
It's a very nice lens, perhaps not the best in bokeh, but otherwise fine.
I really like the way the focus seems to "snap in".

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a great lens I confirm it. Congrats Jes, try it's bokeh before grass to get green background it is awesome creamy.
Doesn't looks too bulky on NEX , (all lens looks bulky on tiny body) Wink

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Carsten and Attila for your comments.
Yes, I do like it very much. The loooong way to focusing is very useful to hit the proper focus, and the bokeh is great!.
A nice lens to complement the Jupiter-9. Smile

I need a less complex adapter, I'm afraid that so many adapters stacked would be taking out some quality...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacked adapters doesn't harm anything just help to save some money.

I also use stacked adapters, I have a collection from 4/3 adapters +4/3-nex and 4/3-m4/3 and 4/3-NX comming Wink

I use only single adapters for those lenses where no 4/3 adapter available.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

I also use stacked adapters, I have a collection from 4/3 adapters +4/3-nex and 4/3-m4/3 and 4/3-NX comming Wink

Me too Attila, but sometimes one of them is a bit loose and all the ensemble wobbles a little...

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Pixco adapters inexpensive chinese ones, none of them woble.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Resolution Reply with quote

Jes,

I have always been told that 135 type lenses, for 35mm cameras, were able to resolve more than 6x6 cm lenses. Cool

But, but, but you are using one on an APS-C !!!!! Shocked My head may explode????? Shocked

How well does it resolve? Or is life too short to waste comparing pixels? Laughing

It certainly looks to do the biz! The bouquet is quite acceptable. The only drawback is the size.

Thanks for sharing!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 7:04 am    Post subject: Re: Resolution Reply with quote

pat donnelly wrote:
Jes,

I have always been told that 135 type lenses, for 35mm cameras, were able to resolve more than 6x6 cm lenses. Cool

But, but, but you are using one on an APS-C !!!!! Shocked My head may explode????? Shocked

How well does it resolve? Or is life too short to waste comparing pixels? Laughing

It certainly looks to do the biz! The bouquet is quite acceptable. The only drawback is the size.

Thanks for sharing!

Hi Pat,
Very Happy
No, life can be spent on pixel peeping and would be a nice entertainment, (but I'm afraid I won't know how to do it...),

So if you want some RAW to try by yourself, just ask. They are quite fat, so I can upload some to Rapidshare.

Regards,
Jes.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:

+1
beside, this can avoid touching sensor like Carsten did
I always attach EOS-NEX adapter on my cam. then use any other adapter

beautiful pictures Jes, Make me want to find one

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
Attila wrote:

+1
beside, this can avoid touching sensor like Carsten did
I always attach EOS-NEX adapter on my cam. then use any other adapter

beautiful pictures Jes, Make me want to find one

Iaza,

To my understanding, having a single adapter versus having a stack shouldn't give any benefits in terms of touching the sensor, because the total length should be exactly the same (to keep the same register distance). Or am I missing something?... Wink

Regards.
Jes.