Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander Nokton SC 35mm f1.4 on Sony A7ii
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Voigtlander Nokton SC 35mm f1.4 on Sony A7ii Reply with quote

Being offered this lens along with its close-focus adapter on a bargain price and couldn't resist. This is my first rangefinder lens and it's so tiny and compact I've had a costant fear of damaging it, although the building of the lens it's rock solid.

Anyway I've slapped it on the A7ii and brought it to the local street-food parade. Aperture from 1.4 to 2.8, LR 5.7.1 profile applied and Fuji Astia 100 VSCO film simulation.

All in all I find it a really good lens, the bokeh can be pretty harsh in difficult situations (see last picture) but it's compact, easy to use, light and with a more than decent IQ wide open.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask you how do you get this film simulation ?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memetph wrote:
May I ask you how do you get this film simulation ?

I bought the VSCO Film pack (LR presets) from https://vsco.co/

Exposure 7 from Alien Skin Software does a similar thing.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice samples! Lately i am using film presets a lot! I use custom picture controls for Nikon http://nikonpc.com/, those are in RAW which is great they have to be loaded on the camera memory card or into CNX2 or CNX-D so they are for Nikon users only. The Astia i have looks a bit different Smile

Tomas

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1
Excellent results. But now my mouth is watering!
Laugh 1

That first shot was quite interesting. What an unusual custom-made outdoor cooking pan!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like Dog

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great shots! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ! The nice thing I found is that the SC can handle colors well enough, no need to punch the contrast (but flare resistance is obviously weaker).
Now I need to test it on some B&W shots.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:49 am    Post subject: Re: Voigtlander Nokton SC 35mm f1.4 on Sony A7ii Reply with quote

StyxD wrote:
Being offered this lens along with its close-focus adapter on a bargain price and couldn't resist. This is my first rangefinder lens and it's so tiny and compact I've had a costant fear of damaging it, although the building of the lens it's rock solid.

Anyway I've slapped it on the A7ii and brought it to the local street-food parade. Aperture from 1.4 to 2.8, LR 5.7.1 profile applied and Fuji Astia 100 VSCO film simulation.

All in all I find it a really good lens, the bokeh can be pretty harsh in difficult situations (see last picture) but it's compact, easy to use, light and with a more than decent IQ wide open.

Dat 3D pop tho