Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander Heliar 4.5/85 for Mamiya TLR system
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:39 am    Post subject: Voigtlander Heliar 4.5/85 for Mamiya TLR system Reply with quote

The lens were made in 1928 and were mounted in the Rollfilm camera 5x8cm which used the 129 films. Today a forgotten size.
I made a lens board for the Mamiya TLR camera and used a Schneider Componar 4.5/80mm as a finder lens.
The focus lenght were different, not really surprising, but I pull the focus of the Schneider lens to bring it to the needed lenght. This reduces the optical quality a little bid but with our eyes it is not visible.

I used the original Compur shutter, after a little CLA it works proper.

This photo were taken with a Rodenstock Sinaron Digital 4/80mm, @f/8
Cambo Actus and the Sony ILCE 7
ISO 640

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And it works perfect, taken with f/4.5
Fomapan 400 @ISO200
Moersch ECO Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An absolutely crazy looking construction (in a good sense of "crazy")! An old film technology married with an even older one. Congrats for your inventivity and technical courage.

The shot looks awsome. Do you have more to share?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

excellent job, I was considering doing something myself but never got round to it due to the cost and difficulties of matching up the lenses and getting the focus right. I did, however, make a pinhole lens.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
An absolutely crazy looking construction (in a good sense of "crazy")! An old film technology married with an even older one. Congrats for your inventivity and technical courage.

The shot looks awsome. Do you have more to share?

I exposed one film with this combination, now I don´t find time to make more but here´s another sample of the first roll, again with full open aperture.
A frozen water surface.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here´s a sample of an entrance. Sorry, the scan is not perfect, the Fomapan films are not really plain. The fist sample were made with my new copy rig, a Sony ILCE 7 and the Rodenstock Sinaron Digital 4/80mm. It is perfect sharp.
I hope to copy the other negatives in the next days.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
excellent job, I was considering doing something myself but never got round to it due to the cost and difficulties of matching up the lenses and getting the focus right. I did, however, make a pinhole lens.

It is not an easy job to make lenses usable with TLR cameras, the most difficult point is to adjust two lenses really exactly in focus length and infinity. It is only possible with an autocollimator with a focussing option.

A few years ago I realised an Elgeet 4.5/135 and a Leitz Hektor 4.5/135mm. An uncoated Heliar 3.5/105mm and a coated Color Heliar 3.5/105mm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for more samples. They are just great. Congrats with the successful results of you contructive effort!