Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander Heliar 15mm III
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the lens works on the A7 cameras, but on the M digital, it is off the chart. No color cast and great rez. To me this is one of the most exciting new lenses.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:
the lens works on the A7 cameras, but on the M digital, it is off the chart. No color cast and great rez. To me this is one of the most exciting new lenses.

Agree, the vignetting is also much less Wink

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice:)

A few from me:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also nice.
I'm very happy with the lens for night shots, low coma(so far) and no reflections(unlike the version 2).
Thank you Cosina for a lovely optic that is far better than its price point.

Last edited by Lightshow on Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, amazing shot! Very Happy

It makes pretty cool stars stopped down!

I have the train just 500 meters from where I live and now I want to do something similar Wink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I had high hopes for the 2nd version with my NEX-7 and then my A7r, but corner issues and color shift were too much for me to get good color shots, B&W were acceptable, but it's not enough to reserve a spot in my bag, version 3 is.
Awaiting your results.
This shot from my NEX-7 & OM21/3.5 was 4 seconds, the last second the train was stopped.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic shot again!

I had the same issues with A7R and the CV 12mm Ultra Wide-Heliar, color shifts and vignetting and the focal length was to extreme for my taste. CV 15 III is perfect Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2015 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still in love with this lens...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow Lars, great one!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx Klaus, fantastic lens really Wink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in Kamakura Japan (a7 @f8 )

In Shinjuku Tokyo (a7 @f8 )

in ROM Toronto ON (a7 @f8 ) see the light reflections in the censor topping! @2015-Jul-22)

...now with a7RII
in ROM Toronto ON (a7R2 @f8 ) light reflection almost sopped (Two years later today 2017-Aug-11, the museum has not replaced the broken bulb in the ceiling YET.)

in ROM too (a7RII @f11) ROM = Royal Ontario Museum in Toronto

That's all for today.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for your samples. I managed to snag one recently, 2nd hand LTM mount in pristine shape for 470€, and I'm loving it on my Fuji X-M1, the borders are great and those 10 pointed sunstars are to die for. Here's a quick sample from the other day:

Very recommended lens!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LTM mount? You mean Leitz Thread Mount, or 39mm 26 tpi screw? Than it isn't a CV 15mm III, that one was only produced in Leica M mount AFAIK. The CV 15mm I was LTM, versions II and III are Leica M.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickb wrote:
LTM mount? You mean Leitz Thread Mount, or 39mm 26 tpi screw? Than it isn't a CV 15mm III, that one was only produced in Leica M mount AFAIK. The CV 15mm I was LTM, versions II and III are Leica M.

Yes, LTM Leica Thread Mount was only available on the first (v1), it is also the only one with a removable hood, I believe it performs better on the A7rII with less colour shift.
I had the v2, it was a nice lens, but had some issues on my cameras, it had colour shift, and reflections.
CVII on NEX-7
Colour shift

Reflections from bright lights

CVIII
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightshow-photography/tags/cv15iii/

As you can see, the reflections are mostly gone in v3

My favorite shot with the my CVIII

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're both right, it's Leica M mount, not LTM. Haven't noticed any halos on mine with strongs sources of light! Fingers crossed Smile

Beautiful pictures, btw!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to show the version 1 of this lens in M39/LTM as well which was introduced apprx. 15 years ago for the Bessa R film camera.
I think it's still the smallest 15 mm RF lens ever and the second one after the very rare and expensive Zeiss Hologon 15/8 lens which was introduced 1972.

Just a quick and dirty test shot to show the performance on my Ricoh GXR-M which happens to be obviously the only digital camera with sensor sizes equal or larger than APS-C which doesn't struggle with this lens in terms of color shift or corner smearing;
i.e. it performs exactly as excellent like on film:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 great lens Thomas!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
dickb wrote:

Yes, LTM Leica Thread Mount was only available on the first (v1), it is also the only one with a removable hood, I believe it performs better on the A7rII with less colour shift.
I had the v2, it was a nice lens, but had some issues on my cameras, it had colour shift, and reflections.
CVII on NEX-7

My favorite shot with the my CVIII

AMAZING SHOT!! Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Cat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the kind comments.