Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander Bessa 66 - Skopar 7,5cm f/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander Bessa 66 - Skopar 7,5cm f/3.5 Reply with quote

Just to debate whether photography has really advanced in the past 80 years... here are three shots from my 1938 Bessa 66 6x6 folder with an uncoated 7.5cm f/3,5 Skopar. Obviously things have become more convenient, "accurate", and automated...

I don't have the film details handy, but I believe these to be 160 speed Fuji or Kodak color film, b&w conversion in PS.

Click on photo - there's a 2600 wide scan available...

Click on photo - there's a 1400 wide scan available...

The uncoated Skopar does color well too, this is Fuji 160S:

Click on photo - there's a 1315 wide scan available...

The camera itself is petite though heavy - here in comparison to an OM2s

and the camera itself:

(I have posted most of these before, but probably not all together in one message)

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty awesome! Not many camera provide this detail rich sharp images!

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful samples thanks for posting.
I like #2 especially
Again, I seem to prefer these to the larger film folders.
Maybe the Square format is just more appealing to me.
I think this looks sharper and render better than the Bessa II's by some great deal.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is maybe my favorite shot with the Bessa 66 - with Portra 160NC. I like the clarity.

I hadn't opened the folder all the way, so the focus is all the way to the right and runs front to back rather than side to side. That's an added attraction Wink

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love all of these and I see you still have the yellow filter for BW shots,
nice!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic! I downloaded the largest size on my 24 inch monitor, and nearly lost my breath!

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ho-lee shite! Shocked

That thing's a stunner in your hands Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Embarassed Very Happy Why thank you, I'm nearly embarrassed... but encouraged, one more:

This was a Japanese guy, near Independence Hall in Philadelphia. This was around 6 AM. He was around with a carbon fiber tripod, and what I think was a Mamiya digital medium format camera attached to it, and a bag full of lenses (not to mention a 35mm dSLR), which he'd swap in and out as the conditions warranted.

I was not intimidated enough not to go talk: my Bessa 66 in hand I felt I was on at least the same field. He showed me the digital back. I took a photo of his back Wink

That's camera shake that's visible in the lamps in the windows.