Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander 90/3.5 Came In
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:22 am    Post subject: Voigtlander 90/3.5 Came In Reply with quote

The Voigtlander 90 arrived in the mail about an hour ago. What a beauty of a lens! The seller was pearsonvinyl on eBay, and he is awesome with communication and very honest. And...FAST!

The Bessa R2 system is definitely not going to be a "hiking outfit" as it's not brawny enough to take the knocking around. I'll leave that space for the future G2 kit.

However, it's going to be a keeper, as the quality of the materials and the workmanship, especially in the APO Lanthar 90/3.5 lens, is really good. If the other lenses turn out to be this well made, then I think this system will be a winner for light use around "civilization" and for street shooting or day hiking.

Here are some crappy shots - getting dark and I had to pump up the ISO to the point of grainy 800, which doesn't work very well on the Minolta A-1. Even at that, I handheld these at about 1/8th of a second with Anti-Shake enabled. I just didn't want to fool around with tripod and better lighting...the dark, rainy day here makes me lazy... Shocked

But at least you get the idea of the nice lens. I also received a bonus B+W UV/Haze filter.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for these real beauties! I look forward your samples taken with this combo.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats for this beauty!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence

Congrats - I have this lens in the nikon mount (manufactured by Cosina). Built like the proverbial and a marvellous piece of glass - sharp, contrasty, saturated colours, the works. Can't wit to see what you do with it

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Larry. Patrick's samples with the reflex version of this lens are astounding (you can see them on the mflenses gallery).