Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander 28mm f/2.8 & 75mm f/1.8 SL II...
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:21 am    Post subject: Voigtlander 28mm f/2.8 & 75mm f/1.8 SL II... Reply with quote

It seems as if nearly everyone missed these..
http://nikonrumors.com/2012/02/14/voigtlander-color-skopar-282-8-sl-ii-n-and-heliar-classic-751-8-sl-ii-n-lenses-announced-f-mount.aspx/

The 75mm f/1.8 Heliar Classic was announced over a year ago then never heard from again.. until now. The 28mm f/2.8 Color Skopar has the potential to be interesting.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Andrew! The 75mm f/1.8 Heliar Classic sounds very exciting. Hope they'll keep it at or around $500-600 USD.

EDIT: $759 at B&H. Not available yet. 10 aperture blades, CFD 2.9 feet. The item I linked to is the Leica mount version.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
EDIT: $759 at B&H. Not available yet. 10 aperture blades, CFD 2.9 feet. The item I linked to is the Leica mount version.

This is a very different lens.

These lenses will be available for Nikon F and Canon EOS.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew G. wrote:
Kram wrote:

Other than the mounts and electronics, what else will be different?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kram wrote:
Andrew G. wrote:
Kram wrote:

Other than the mounts and electronics, what else will be different?

Typically, rangefinder lenses vary greatly from those made for SLRs not only in regards to the mount, but also the optical formula. I may be wrong, the the M-mount version is probably quite different optically.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cameraquest.com says:

"Manual Focus Nikon AIS and Canon EOS EF mounts ONLY, f/1.8 to f/16, 6 elements in 3 groups, same glass as the popular 75/1.8 in Leica M mount, close focus to 1:7.4, filter size 58mm, wewight 415 grams, lens hood sold separately, 9 aperture blades, Nikon : 56.5mm & diameter 67mm, EOS length 57mm and diameter 71.4mm."

They are taking pre-order deposits.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not yet on the official Voigtländer Germany site

the old 75mm 2.5 lens had 6 elements in 5 groups for RF and for SLR
the new 75mm 1,8 has 6 elements in 3 groups for RF and according to Robert Whites page the same for SLR

the 90mm 3.5 had one additional lens for SLR

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never heard of this one either, 17mm .095 in M43 (???). Oh, that's Four Thirds. Meh.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about the availability of the 28/2.8 and 75/1.8 in Nikon mount? I placed a pre-order with Robert White already last spring, now it's October and Robert White tells me they still have no news about availability and price of the 75/1.8

Even for a Japanese company, this level of communication is sub-standard.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be curious to try these lenses.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the 28mm is available

http://www.foto-erhardt.de/product/331631/voigtlaender-color-skopar-2,8-28-mm-schwarz-slii-n-nikon.html?refID=google_base&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=organic

the link shows the "cheapest" of the good camera dealers who has it in stock

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esox lucius wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the availability of the 28/2.8 and 75/1.8 in Nikon mount? I placed a pre-order with Robert White already last spring, now it's October and Robert White tells me they still have no news about availability and price of the 75/1.8
Even for a Japanese company, this level of communication is sub-standard.

Strange indeed, there is no mention of the 75/1.8 SL in the official Cosina/Voigtlaender site...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the choice of a 2.8/28 new lens is strange.
The manual Nikkor 2.8/28 is excellent, abundant and cheap on Ebay. Why would anyone prefer to spend more for the Voigtländer?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are we talking Nikon SLR 28mm or Nikon RF 28mm? I'd love an RF 28mm for my Kievs, but not cheap.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Are we talking Nikon SLR 28mm or Nikon RF 28mm?

Orio was referring to the SLR version, Nikkor 28/2.8 Ai-S

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
I think the choice of a 2.8/28 new lens is strange.
The manual Nikkor 2.8/28 is excellent, abundant and cheap on Ebay. Why would anyone prefer to spend more for the Voigtländer?

Orio, because the Nikkor's sharpness is only good from near to mid-distances only. Not great at infinity. The Voigt however is great from near to infinity. That's why the Voigt is worth it. After all when using wide angles, don't you want extreme sharpness?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Mohawk! Nice to see you here!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[uote="Attila"]Welcome Mohawk! Nice to see you here![/quote] Thanks Attila. I just noticed your welcome message. And here it is 11/21/14,.