Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander 15mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander 15mm Reply with quote

Here are the first couple from the Voigtlander 15mm heliar rangefinder lens. These where taken with a Bessa L on cheap asa 200 fuji grocery store film. The scans where from the lab. I don't think this test is to conclusive but for distortion which is workable. Both frames at f8. I can see that I will rely on the accessory shoe mount bubble level quite a bit when it arrives. Once again I rely on your eyes. I only have my craptop to view these on. I can not get the crop I did to load for some reason? I'll try again later.

Andy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems promising, I look forward for more!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15mm!!! Shocked Wow!
The chance to shoot so wide alone should be enough to buy a Bessa. Wink
Honestly, I think this is a fantastic combination.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow 15mm! look promising

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Voigtlander 15mm Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
Here are the first couple from the Voigtlander 15mm heliar rangefinder lens.

These look interesting. I'm not familiar with their RF lens. They do SLR lenses in 12mm and 15mm (non retrofocus, so they need full time mirror lockup and a separate finder). i guess these are much the same except no mirror to lock up?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Voigtlander 15mm Reply with quote

ChrisLilley wrote:
... They do SLR lenses in 12mm and 15mm ...

Do they??? Shocked

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Voigtlander 15mm Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
ChrisLilley wrote:
... They do SLR lenses in 12mm and 15mm ...

Do they??? Shocked

Full frame of course

http://lens-reviews.com/Lenses/Voigtlander/Voigtlander-12mm-f5.6-Ultra-Wide-Heliar-SL.html
http://www.cameraquest.com/VCSL1215.htm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Voigtlander 15mm Reply with quote

F16SUNSHINE wrote:
These where taken with a Bessa L

OK so this one?

http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtbl.htm

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys. The lens(s) that Chris speaks of are the same optical formula as the RF lens(s). It is available to mount on Nikon film cameras with MLU only. I love the size and weight of the Bessa L with the heliar. The pic in the building is actually a Costco Store. I had never been in one before (F***ing scary). The camera was so small and unnoticeable I did not feel at all uncomfortable shooting it in there. Although I was terribly uncomfortable in what I would call Gluttony Paradise. Embarassed

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I didn't know that these lenses existed for SLRs (even with mirror lock).