Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander 125mm f/2.5 Macro APO-Lanthar sample pics topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I have missed this thread Surprised

The pictures are absolutely stunning! Very Happy
I would love to see more Wink

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problem Smile

100% crop:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
Excellent images - some quite spectacular. I think every wealthy person should own one of these lenses.

I'm not wealthy at all but I do have one too. So let's rephrase that sentence so that it reads: "Every photographer needs an 125mm APO-Lanthar". Too bad there are only a few 1000 of them ever made Crying or Very sad

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have many lenses that clients would notice, ie. lenses that when used constantly trigger this wow feedback from clients.

I am talking about lenses that paint as opposed to draw a picture. I am referring to lenses that have a fingerprint that is distinct and unique. Lenses that when put to use almost always reward me with customer feedback rewarding a "feel" to the photo, one that they themselves could not have achieved.

Well, the 125/2.5 Macro APO-Lanthar is one of these lenses. (The Nikkor 28/1.4D and 50/1.4 Ai-S are two others that customers regularly praise). Colors, rendition, out of focus areas, the way how it handles highlights and uses the dynamic range of the D3 sensor. I don't care if this photo is a price winner (more likely not), but when customers recognize and merit the natural look of the photo, it's a winner for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:35 pm    Post subject: Don't know this wild guy, but I like it anyway Reply with quote

This is what my 125mm can do Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Don't know this wild guy, but I like it anyway Reply with quote

hooli wrote:

This is what my 125mm can do Very Happy

I can't resist what your 125mm macro can do and I'll try to see if my adapted cheap Hasselblad CZ 150mm f4 T* + Ex tube (adapted to a Sony A-mount) can at least eat the dust from the APO-Lanthar ('Laughing'). Not quite yet but not bad either. Sorry as extension tube is necessary to make it do close ups. I could only wish for that 125mm Voigtlander APO Lanthar.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shots everyone! Of course it's nearly impossible to take a bad shot with this lens! Seriously!

Here's a few from me - and their 100% crops:

No processing was done except I did remove a little noise from the green water under the duck. The rest are ACR defaults (not zeroed, but the defaults.) - no other edits tho:

1/500s, F/2.5, ISO100 - APO Lanthar 125/2.5, GH1

100% crop of the above.

Some of the edges lost their color but no colored fringing and sharp right to the edges - which remain quite solid considering how blown out the BG is. Pretty amazing IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same deal here. No edits, only ACR defaults:

1/400s, ISO100, F/2.5, ISO100 - APO Lanthar 125/2.5, GH1

100% crop of above. I kinda missed focus on his eye - which is what I was going for. But his chest is in focus. Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man these APO-Lanthars rock!!
So bad that they won't be built anymore...

Best of two worlds: 1:1 Macro, APO correction, perfect build quality...
Not even both current Zeiss lenses (100mm 2.0 and 135mm 2.0) inherit the
features of the Voigtlander 125mm 2.5 APO Lanthar... Exclamation

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wanting this lens a long while, but prices may keep it out of my hands for a while yet. Sad
I guess I'll have to make do with my Leica APO 100.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I've been wanting this lens a long while, but prices may keep it out of my hands for a while yet. Sad
I guess I'll have to make do with my Leica APO 100.

Their performance is very similar except the Leica has a greenish tint in the resulting images (as per my friend who has both and tested them)

Last edited by kds315* on Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more pictures can be Fund here http://www.nikonpoint.de/viewtopic.php?t=82805 Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No new pics here of this legendary macro lens?
For me there simply is no better lens. Nor for Rorslett and
other nature photographers, guess why...

Rolling Eyes

More pics: http://www.nikonpoint.de/viewtopic.php?t=82805&start=80

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Waiting for the Cosina to bring out the new version.
Hoping for a better price.
Still patient, still patient, st....

5 years later, still no replacement.... Sad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are just cutting down production of slr lenses, Discontinued also Canon Mount now...

Guess it's time to realize that they won't come back...

Last edited by Dane03 on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful samples!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Autumn time http://www.nikonpoint.de/viewtopic.php?p=814300#814300

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dane03 wrote:
Autumn time http://www.nikonpoint.de/viewtopic.php?p=814300#814300

Nice, but it isn't really ar welcomed style to link from one forum to another - please post images directly here, OK? Wink

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promised! Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys!! I am searching on ebay to get this lens to add it to my collection of Voigthlader, but the prices are a bit crazy, I am using canon FF body so I am considering to buy a canon mount, but in Ebay goes for 1600 euros, how much it would be a good price for it?? I do not want to pay a "hipe" price...This lens seems very collectible but anyway I am a bit lost on this field.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment on if it's worth the price. But did you know that finally a new 110mm f/2.5 successor was just released?

https://www.dpreview.com/news/0592472201/voigtlander-releases-details-and-price-of-its-110mm-f2-5-macro-apo-lanthar-for-sony-e-mount

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new 110mm sells for only $1,099 in the US. For Sony E mount users, it will be a good alternative to the FE 90.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
I can't comment on if it's worth the price. But did you know that finally a new 110mm f/2.5 successor was just released?

https://www.dpreview.com/news/0592472201/voigtlander-releases-details-and-price-of-its-110mm-f2-5-macro-apo-lanthar-for-sony-e-mount

do you think that is better than the 125mm lanthar?? I tis not a colletible item this 125mm?

I got an offer of 1200 euros today...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new one will be better and more compact on a MILC camera.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
The new one will be better and more compact on a MILC camera.

better and aparently much cheaper?