Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtländer Color-Skopar 50mm from Vito - m4/3 conversion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Voigtländer Color-Skopar 50mm from Vito - m4/3 conversion Reply with quote

I'm not the first person to adapt a Color-Skopar from a Voigtländer Vito camera. Mine is from a Vito B (f3.5). This is my adaptation on my E-M5. I think it looks quite cool. The lens is really sharp even wide open as well. I wish it focused closer though. Because I am using the original focusing helicoid I wasn't able to push the focus closer than about 75cm (object to image). The helicoid can give more travel but the aperture control pin gets in the way.

Mark

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice, neat conversion. I have a broken Vito B (used as a donor camera to repair another). Maybe I could.

perhaps not. I have so many lens conversions. I think I have more of them than proper primes

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooo yes that is a lovely job you did there.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Nice, neat conversion. I have a broken Vito B (used as a donor camera to repair another). Maybe I could.

perhaps not. I have so many lens conversions. I think I have more of them than proper primes

Thanks. When I do a conversion like this, it's more because of the challenge of doing it rather than because I need another lens. That Skopar really is a sharp lens though, so there is no reason why I shouldn't use it more.

Layer-cake wrote:

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark, nice job, did you shoot any examples yet? I am kind of curious.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SXR_Mark wrote:
philslizzy wrote:

Thanks. When I do a conversion like this, it's more because of the challenge of doing it rather than because I need another lens. That Skopar really is a sharp lens though, so there is no reason why I shouldn't use it more.

Layer-cake wrote:

Thanks.

Ha ha thats why I do it . The challenge!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

randreev wrote:
Mark, nice job, did you shoot any examples yet? I am kind of curious.

Thanks. I've put some samples in the m4/3 section.

http://forum.mflenses.com/voigtlaender-color-skopar-50mm-f3-5-on-em-5-t63275.html