Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtländer Color Skopar 35mm 2.5 on the NEX
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Voigtländer Color Skopar 35mm 2.5 on the NEX Reply with quote

This is the Leica Thread mount (not the M-mount).
Adapter is cheap and small:

And some samples:

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice results, i didn't know voigtlander made M39 lenses.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great stuff from really great lens jes!

ian cv is known for great, inexpensive leica screw mount lenses, and this one is one of the most prominent. i have the 25/4 snapshot skopar and the 75/2.5 color heliar, and both are fabulous and extremely compact.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, this is a Cosina Voigtlander! I thought it was an old one!

I'll have to read up on these M39 lenses, what sort of prices do they fetch secondhand?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voigtlander on the NEX is pretty hard to beat!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Oh, this is a Cosina Voigtlander! I thought it was an old one!

I'll have to read up on these M39 lenses, what sort of prices do they fetch secondhand?

mostly $3-600 depending. i got each of mine for under $400. whats amazing about these, and many other RF lenses, is the compactness to quality IQ to price ratio is simply outstanding. the 25/4, summicron 40/2 and heliar 75/2.5 together literally take up less space than the zeiss planar 85/1.4 alone! and together cost less than the distagon 35/1.4!

btw, this is not any kind of negative comment on the planar or distagon, two of the best lenses ever made. just used as benchmarks of size and quality.

ian, you might benefit from checking out rangefinderforum.com...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes! Great 35mm for the NEX! Congrast, Jes!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

supposedly modeled on the lengendary Canon LTM 35/2.

all types are the same optics.

easily found for 300USD, one of the best values in modern RF glass.

rendering is similar to leica summicron 50 with a sometimes extreme 3D

what many do not realise is that the also tiny CV 35/1.4 is actually sharper in the centers on the nex--or anywhere untill 5.6, though it has some distortion.

here the other version:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

interesting...i actually had the cv 35/1.4 on my ep2, and tbh, i really didnt like it so much. maybe it was because it was the SC version, i dont know, but i fiund it just a little better than average, better on film with my rollei 35rf, but again, not good enough for me to keep for the money. the summicron-c 40/2, which i got for less than the cv performs much much better for me on the olly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look at the prices on the CV lenses, sadly a bit out of my budget. Same with the Summicron 40. No matter, I have the Konica 1.8/40 which with the AR-NEX adapter is pretty small, maybe not quite as small as the Summicron 40 and M-NEX adapter but close enough and a tenth the price.

I just wish the J-12 would work on the NEX, the early Russian M39 50-ish lenses are wonderful, just a shame the only wide angle options are the J-12 (unuseable on digital) Orion-6 (expensive and slow) and the Russar 20mm (very expensive and slow).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I just wish the J-12 would work on the NEX, the early Russian M39 50-ish lenses are wonderful, just a shame the only wide angle options are the J-12 (unuseable on digital) Orion-6 (expensive and slow) and the Russar 20mm (very expensive and slow).

I too wish that there were more USSR WA options.
I was toying with the idea of getting a J-12 to see for myself exactly what is preventing it from being used, and how much modding needs to be done.