Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar V50 question -- sort of
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:40 am    Post subject: Vivitar V50 question -- sort of Reply with quote

Vivitar made quite a few SLR cameras that start with a "V", such as the "V4000", "V3800", and "V3000". All the ones I've seen use a Pentax K mount, but there is at least one exception. The Vivitar V50 uses a Minolta SR mount, for some reason. It was made by Seagull in China.

Does anyone know of any other Vivitar SLR cameras with a Minolta lens mount? I've searched and searched, but I can't find an answer.

I realize the answer is PROBABLY "NO".

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, xkaes!

I'm not a Vivitar expert, but I know of no other Minolta Vivitars. Are you a fan of Minolta?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could say so. See:

http://www.subclub.org/minman

Epecially Chinese "Minoltas", like the Vivitar V50:

http://www.subclub.org/minchin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your links aren't working for me, xkaes. I get a "Server Not Found" message. But I gather you know a thing or two about Minolta.
Just in the past year I've bought my first Minolta lenses, so I'd be happy to see what's at your links.

And I certainly understand the enjoyment of the hunt.
I'm a Sears lens fanatic and just when I think I've seen everything, something unknown to me turns up on ebay.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the feeling. While Sears never made any cameras or lenses, they did sell some nice gear -- at reduced prices. There was even a lightly modified Minolta SRT camera that was ONLY sold through Sears outlets. It's listed on my website.

I'd suggest you try another computer. Those links are working fine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xkaes wrote:
I know the feeling. While Sears never made any cameras or lenses, they did sell some nice gear -- at reduced prices. There was even a lightly modified Minolta SRT camera that was ONLY sold through Sears outlets. It's listed on my website.

Ha! Excellent. I was going to ask you if there were any Sears / Minoltas.

xkaes wrote:
I'd suggest you try another computer. Those links are working fine.

Okay, thanks. I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong on my end.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there was at least one Sears/Minolta, but it was not labels are "SEARS", but it was only sold at Sears stores.

It was the Minolta SRT SC -- (1973) A modified SRT100 with a couple of additional features. Designed for, and sold by, Sears, Roebuck & Co.

(1973) In 1973, Minolta was selling three manual exposure SLR cameras -- the SRT102, the SRT101, and the SRT100. Sales were doing very well and the cameras were well-respected by consumers and professionals. As a way to increase sales even more, Minolta decided to entered into special agreements with large department stores in the US and Europe. In fact, this was nothing new. For several years, Sears & Roebuck, for example, had been selling a large number of cameras from numerous companies, for example, Ricoh and Mamiya, that were re-badged as "Sears" or "Tower" cameras. These models were only available in Sears stores and were identical -- or nearly identical -- to the models sold directly by the camera manufacturers. The Minolta SRTSC camera line was an improved version of the SRT100 / SRT200 line, and sold exclusively by Sears. Just as the SRT100 and SRT200 evolved over time, you'll see the same changes in the SRTSC cameras. The model is not inscribed on the cameras.

For more info SEE: http://www.subclub.org/minman/srtsc.htm

ALSO, I just ran across an EBAY seller who, for some reason, has lots of "Sears" photo stuff.

SEE: https://www.ebay.com/sch/Cameras-Photo/625/m.html?item=143425654167&_ssn=roxkkixms

I sure there are other EBAY photo sellers that focus on Sears.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the links and info, xkaes. Since I've just recently begun to learn about Minolta, this is interesting for me.
So Sears sold Minoltas as Minoltas...

I guess I've led you far from your original question - so we may as well go a little further. Wink
The earliest Sears literature I have which includes Minolta is from my 1976-77 Sears camera catalog. Here's the Minolta page: