Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm f2.8 Reply with quote

I'm looking for a Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm f2.8 in perfect working order. Over recent months I've bought two from eBay, both were faulty; one had a stuck aperture and the other one's focusing ring was jammed solid. It was so frustrating as the second one was in mint condition c/w original screw in front cap.
If you have one and are willing to trade, please let me know what you are looking for and hopefully I will have something from my collection to interest you.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:35 am    Post subject: Re: Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm f2.8 Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
I'm looking for a Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm f2.8 in perfect working order. Over recent months I've bought two from eBay, both were faulty; one had a stuck aperture and the other one's focusing ring was jammed solid. It was so frustrating as the second one was in mint condition c/w original screw in front cap.
If you have one and are willing to trade, please let me know what you are looking for and hopefully I will have something from my collection to interest you.

That's a beauty of a lens - with huge glass to maintain the f2.8 throughout. I have one in Olympus/OM mount that works perfectly, but has some traces of fungus and a bit of haze behind the front element. The imperfections don't seem to show up in images. I'd trade for a decent, fast prime in similar shape if you are interested.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar Series 1 35-85mm f2.8 Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:

Hi Edgar,

You could contact Eoghan to see if he can repair the lens for you?
http://f1camerarepair.com/

Regards,
Si

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Si

I've sent the lens back to the seller already. He was offering me a refund of 20 if I wanted to keep the lens but I reckoned it would be an expensive repair on a complicated lens judging by what I've read on the internet. The search goes on .....

I'll keep Eoghan in mind for future repairs. I haven't come across him before; I assume he comes recommended by yourself?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
Hi Si

I've sent the lens back to the seller already. He was offering me a refund of 20 if I wanted to keep the lens but I reckoned it would be an expensive repair on a complicated lens judging by what I've read on the internet. The search goes on .....

I'll keep Eoghan in mind for future repairs. I haven't come across him before; I assume he comes recommended by yourself?

Hi Edgar. Yes - my friend and colleague used his services recently to repair a broken Nikon SB600 flash. No issues at all.
He is not too expensive compared to others.

The other great camera repairer would be Miles Whitehead based in Kent.
http://www.swpp.co.uk/trade/10081.htm

He fixed/CLA'd my OM cameras before:
http://forum.mflenses.com/recommended-uk-camera-repair-engineer-digital-and-classic-t49183.html

Regards,
Si