Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Series 1 24-48mm Panasonic G1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:04 am    Post subject: Vivitar Series 1 24-48mm Panasonic G1 Reply with quote

Lens made by Kiron, pretty huge.

Click on each images to get higher resolution 1600px!

Hi-res images are here

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A part from the slightly less contrast, this lens looks fantastic Attila! Surprised As usual, great photos from you. But I like your NEX and NX images better as I can see the limitation of that G1 sensor very well with less DR to play with.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stingOM wrote:
A part from the slightly less contrast, this lens looks fantastic Attila! Surprised As usual, great photos from you. But I like your NEX and NX images better as I can see the limitation of that G1 sensor very well with less DR to play with.

Agree , NX, NEX better performer and lens is pretty good , but not reach a good prime of course.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this lens, it's simply a great walkabout lens - if you have a strong back ! Wink

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I love this lens, it's simply a great walkabout lens - if you have a strong back ! Wink

Laughing Laughing yes.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty much understood that a zoom won't be as good as a prime, right? Still, that seems pretty good performance for a zoom of that era. Today is different with some of the high end zooms offering outstanding performance that equals older primes. With that constant aperture, does it hold focus throughout the zoom?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
It's pretty much understood that a zoom won't be as good as a prime, right? Still, that seems pretty good performance for a zoom of that era. Today is different with some of the high end zooms offering outstanding performance that equals older primes. With that constant aperture, does it hold focus throughout the zoom?

Yes, my thoughts also, it is not hold focus , I remember for re-focusing is required, but I am unsure.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This lens it´s Kiron made?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I note it in my post.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yes, I note it in my post.

Sorry, I only saw your photos, very good.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Np, at all, brilliant lens vs a zoom lens, lens has only one issue, a behemot Smile

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Np, at all, brilliant lens vs a zoom lens, lens has only one issue, a behemot Smile

Yes, it is a large (for a wide-angle) and decidedly heavy lens -- here it is mounted on a Pentax LX (not that large a cam body):

The best part about its weight is that you never have to wonder if you're carrying your cam around your neck or whether you forgot it someplace -- you ~know~. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1 Like 1