Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar S1 28-105mm C/FD -- How to get the rear mount off?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Vivitar S1 28-105mm C/FD -- How to get the rear mount off? Reply with quote

I've got a Vivitar Series 1 28-105 in Canon FD mount that has oily aperture blades, and I'm trying to take the rear group of elements off to clean them. IVe removed the breechlock ring and the four screws that hold the mount to the rear of the lens. I've also loosened the rear group of elements. But the group won't pass through the hole in the back of the lens. And the rear mount is hanging up on one of the linkage pieces.

I've had to do this same thing for an old Series 1 24-48mm zoom, also in Canon FD mount, and it was very easy removing the mount from the rear of the lens, and easy removing the rear optical group as well. But this 28-105 is not being so cooperative.

I've been very gentle with it so far, not wanting to force anything. But I can't figure out yet how the mount's lens linkage disengages from the rear of the lens.

So, ever had one of these apart? If so, care to pass on what you did ?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael ..

The barrel must go ...

You can not get to the rear before you remove all from the front --

Unfotunately -- it takes time

S

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Stan,

Thanks for the feedback. I was afraid of this. I've had to completely dismantle zooms in the past, and it is usually no fun at all. Sad

Over at the KY forum one of the members said that there are a few screws that hold the focusing collar in place and that once this is removed, the lens can be taken apart in the middle. I wonder if he's familiar at all with this particular lens's design, since the collar cannot pass over the front of the lens, because the lens barrel gets wider, and can't pass over the rear of the lens because the aperture ring and the mount is in the way.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael ..

It's a hell to take a lens in bits such as this

and be careful with small screw -- you need to always have the WD40 with you Smile

have a fun! Wink

s