Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar MF 70-210 3.5 Series 1
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Vivitar MF 70-210 3.5 Series 1 Reply with quote

Hi,

I was wandering on the fleaBay when this lens crossed my way : Click here to see on Ebay

Got the serial number, begins with 37 : it's Tokina build; a quick google search and got that :

http://photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00Dnzq

Russ Butner wrote:
Regarding Viv S-1 glass. There are numerous ( 8 ) Series 1, 70-210 lenses. [...]
The second edition (my personal favorite) was built by Tokina, per, Vivitars specs. It too, is a fixed 3.5 aperture, but smaller, lighter and sharper. (62mm filter size). I really like it because of the fixed 3.5 aperture which is nice for focusing in dim light and long range flash work. However, not a true macro, 1:4 life size. However, it deliver's extremely good results![...]
Personally, I recommend the second or third edition of the line. I have and use all three of the first editions, and can highly recommend any one of them. Superb optics and construction.

Just enought time to place a last second bid, and voil? ! So if all is Ok, I got the 2nd serie of this lens...

Last edited by Flor27 on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, a nice small article about this lens :

http://www.robertstech.com/vivitar.htm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/japenese/vivitar/vivitar_series_1_70_210mm_f3_5/
I have first version made by Kiron.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: Vivitar MF 70-210 3.5 Series 1 Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Hi,

I was wandering on the fleaBay when this lens crossed my way : Click here to see on Ebay

I think it is a Konica mount . I say a K Pentax one going (same, second version) with ~28 GBP without shipping.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think so this is Konica mount, Konica AR.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taht will be a test for me to mount it on my EOS Embarassed

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, the first verion (made ny Kiron) here, gone in 30 minutes :

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't mount fine on your EOS it will be usable only for close focus pictures.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
You can't mount fine on your EOS it will be usable only for close focus pictures.

I think the optical formula is the same for all mounts of this version, so it's just a mechanical problem.

For sure, to get the infinity focus available at the EOS register, I will have to grind some parts or remove some to replace by other, challenging but not impossible untill I haven't got a try ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Register distance is much shorter than EOS, this lens was designed for ~40mm film distance. To much work to make it right or impossible in my opinion.