Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar mania
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:33 pm    Post subject: Vivitar mania Reply with quote

I have three Vivitar wide angle lenses in the same focal length (28mm), is that crazy?

I always ask myself when I can use these lenses.

The first lens I've got is Vivitar 2.8/28 (Komine) M42 mount, Excellent condition, $16 + $20 shipping from US

The second is Vivitar 2.5/28 (Kino Precision) M42 mount, very Mint condition, $5 + $20 shipping from US (it's really $5 bid from eBay)

The third is Vivitar 2.0/28 (Kino Precision) Nik mount, Excellent condition,
free from my brother, not really free while I didn't have Nik-->Oly 4/3 adapter. I had to buy a new adapter from Hong Kong, it's $20.

Here are some pictures from them.

Vivitar 2.8/28, the smallest and lightest one. 49 mm filter thread

Vivitar 2.5/28, the biggest and heaviest one. 62 mm filter thread

Vivitar 2.0/28 Nik mount, medium size. 55 mm filter thread
Just took this pictutre this morning. It's not a sunny day.

Are they alright?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice ! Can you compare with Olympus kit lens ? hahaha I guess not comparable. I would throw to the garbage my kit lens Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, very nice! All lenses look like great performers! And another
Olympus shooter, too! Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar mania Reply with quote

pilant wrote:
I have three Vivitar wide angle lenses in the same focal length (28mm), is that crazy?

If it is, I am also crazy. Wink
I've got the same lenses, just my 2.0/28 is branded "Kiron" instead of "Vivitar" (same manufacturer).
And I also would not like to sell one of those lenses.
(I thought about selling the 2.8/28 but I would not get enough money for this performance. What I mean is that a lens of that quality should be much more expensive.)

Last edited by LucisPictor on Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar mania Reply with quote

Hi Carsten,

Are there any difference between Kiron 2/2.8 and Viv 2/2.8 in their bodies and structures?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If serial number started with 22 on Vivitar nothing, both are made by Kiron. If serial number started something else yes made by other makers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen a Viv 2/28 in real life, but as far as I can tell from pictures of the lens, they really look the same.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're all good pictures, but the one of the blue flower taken with my little 2.8/28 is absolutely stunning!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter
The clematis is lovely - one does not usually associate flower pics with that focal length. I too have several 28mm lenses, including the Kiron 28/2. One of my favorites is the late model mf nikkor 28/2.8 focussing down to 0.2m, which makes it ideal for flowers and such. Iplayed with the Kiron again today - had forgotten what a nice lens it is.