Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Macro 2x converter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:48 pm    Post subject: Vivitar Macro 2x converter Reply with quote

Good quality macro converter.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any examples using this converter? I have one of these, but have never used it. Stuck in a drawer someplace. Maybe I need to dust it off and try it out.

It like a 2x teleconverter with an adjustable extension tube. Pretty interesting design, just never tried it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good one almost invisible in image quality, I tried once with a Pentacon 50mm lens. Try one times with Kiron.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which mount is this 2X converter for, Attila?

Thank you in advance.../koji

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have with Nikon mount. I guess available in different mounts.
http://www.mflenses.com/gallery/v/german/meyer/meyer_optik_oreston_50mm_f1_8/

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dug out the vivitar "macro" teleconverter and put an old MF 50mm f1.4 nikkor lens on it. I was surprised.

Here is a reduced size crop of the image. Click on the image for the crop in full size as it came out of the camera.

Sorry for the poor subject but the spider was on the screen outside the window. This was also shot through the window glass with the onboard flash.

D200, f8, 1/60sec, manual flash at 1/4 power.

Attila, thanks for posting that. If I hadn't seen your post this converter would still be in the closet. Used it with a few other lenses too (24-40mm zoom, 85mm, 135mm, 200mm..)..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your very welcome! This converter one of the few "undiscovered" weapon Wink