Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar (Komine) MC Close Focus 28/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Vivitar (Komine) MC Close Focus 28/2.8 Reply with quote

My first Komine arrived today and I'm really impressed. Compared to Series 1 28/1.9, this one is Shocked
  • even sharper
  • less CA
  • slightly better bokeh
  • slightly less disturbing OOF lights (sometimes very nice, another time funny-looking, depends on situation)
  • more contrasty (not have to be an advantage, depends on situation)
  • focusing: 23cm

Many thanks to peterqd for excellent recommendation.

Here are some fresh samples (today's weather wasn't as good as yesterday's, that's why the sky is different - it's not caused by the lens)

wide opened (f/2.8 )

f/8

bokeh:

wide opened (f/2.8 ):

f/5:

f/8:

full resolution:

Last edited by no-X on Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely shots! There is definitely some visible CA in the landscape shots, but it looks like that could be corrected quite well.

I have the Vivitar 28/2.0 Close Focus (same reproduction ration 1:5), but I still need to test it. The only thing I noticed is that it has quite some barrel distortion.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. There is some CA definitely, but it's lower than on any other 28mm I've tested (SMC Takumar 28/3.5, Macro Makinon 28/2.8, Kiron Vivitar 28/2.5 and Tokina Vivitar 28/1.9). I think my 28mm search is at the end, I doubt there is any other lens in this price segment, which would be better.

As for barrel distorsion (I holded the camera a bit awry Laughing )

taken from ~ 60 / 80 cm.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a good lens! I was also amazed by my copy when I first used it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar (Komine) MC Close Focus 28/2.8 Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
Many thanks to peterqd for excellent recommendation.

Great! I'm delighted you're pleased with it. It looks like you certainly know how to make it shine. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice review! Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got this lens too some months ago but haven't had opportunity to test it Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Flor27! Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila !

MF lenses are now my more usefull toys, along with film cameras - the 5D stay more and more often on the shelf Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flor27 wrote:
Thank you Attila !

MF lenses are now my more usefull toys, along with film cameras - the 5D stay more and more often on the shelf Very Happy

Laughing Laughing Laughing We switched same time to back to film. I am also discover film again Wink