Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Auto Wide - Angle 28 / 2.5 ( Kiron ) Feeling Happy.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:23 pm    Post subject: Vivitar Auto Wide - Angle 28 / 2.5 ( Kiron ) Feeling Happy. Reply with quote

I like this Vivitar 28 / 2.5, it flares like mad, but it's perfectly happy to do so. Smile This is straight out of the A7II, that's a flare at the bottom - not an emoji.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot, I like creative use of flare. I found a mint Panagor 2.5/28 in M42 in my lens collection yesterday, didn't know I had one, don't recall buying it, I think it's the same lens?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the Panagor is the same lens, with the 65mm filter thread. It's not a bad lens at all. Not super sharp but sharp enough, distortion is well controlled, and the contrast is fine. I like it. I'll put some more pictures on later, I've taken some pano's but haven't done them yet.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. I'll take a lens with character over a superb but sterile lens any day. Smile

I'll give mine a whirl one day, thanks for the tip.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar Auto Wide - Angle 28 / 2.5 ( Kiron ) Feeling Hap Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I like this Vivitar 28 / 2.5, it flares like mad, but it's perfectly happy to do so. Smile This is straight out of the A7II, that's a flare at the bottom - not an emoji.

Nice one. This lens at its age is a good performer I believe. I like the emoji, by the way. Smile

Last edited by vivaldibow on Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what it does wide open. Very picturesque, one does not need to edit at all.