Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar Auto wide angle 24mm f:2.0
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Vivitar Auto wide angle 24mm f:2.0 Reply with quote

Are there any differences in image quality between this model and the other which is a mc model?

I have the Auto wide model and I can see some fog on one side inside the rear lens glass. Will this be difficult to open up and clean?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which one is it, the Kino? If yes, then yes, it is typically a total PITA to open even if you know how.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Which one is it, the Kino? If yes, then yes, it is typically a total PITA to open even if you know how.

I don´t know. The serial number starts with 22. When I look closer to it, it looks like the fog is a lot of smaller gropes which are etched into the surface of the rear glasses. So it may have some impact in the image quality, but maybe I can use it for macro-photos by using a reverse macro adapter.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, it's one of those. The thing you see is probably a condensate of the light fractions of the helicoid grease. You may be able to pull of the back and remove the rear group and clean it. I used to buy these for fixing but then I realized that there are plenty of lenses out there which are a joy to fix, and these just make me feel a burning hate towards whoever designed them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Yea, it's one of those. The thing you see is probably a condensate of the light fractions of the helicoid grease. You may be able to pull of the back and remove the rear group and clean it. I used to buy these for fixing but then I realized that there are plenty of lenses out there which are a joy to fix, and these just make me feel a burning hate towards whoever designed them.

I´ve opened the rear part and tried to clean the first glass with no succes, so I believe it is etchings. But if I use the lens as a reverse macro lens, maybe it has no effect for the image quality, so I will buy a reverse adapter on ebay and give it a try.