Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

vivitar 90-230
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mo-Fo wrote:
Quote:
So little time...........So many lenses..........

The challenge for all of us Rolling Eyes

As they say in Alabama...Amen brother. Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:04 pm    Post subject: Bokeh Vivitar 90-230 Reply with quote

edited

Last edited by bernhardas on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just removed the url tags from the above picture and kept the img tags...not sure what you may be doing wrong with the drag and drop/upload function.It is normal to just see the written words,if you use "preview button" before you click on the "submit button" you can check how the image will look on the final post....and see if you have it working or not. Smile I hope I have explained it well enough. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too will revive this thread as I was about to make a new post about the Vivitar 90-230. Luckily I found this one already started. Anyway, here's mine:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad folks are still posting in this thread. These are really a good bang for the buck lens.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They sure are a great bang for the buck lens. I needed another zoom in this range like a hole in the head, but when I saw this lens in a dealers box of crap at the Camera Fair for £5 I just had to have it. If it was boxed it would be mint.
I haven't used it much, but that's not because I don't think it's a good lens, I think it is - but I generally reach for a Viv Series 1 70-210 or the very under rated Yashica ML 80-200 / 4. Does it compare to those lenses? Well, I haven't done any direct comparisons, but I think in a blind test this very common and cheap lens would surprise us.

77******** Serial Number = Kobori

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Big Dawg !
Haven't heard from you in a while.
Hope things are going well for you.

Original versions of this thing were Tokina. Later versions seem to have varied.
There seem to have been a couple of different versions of the shortened two-touch type sold as Vivitar.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Luis. I retire in 191 days so things right now are going very good.