Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 70-210mm 2.8-4 vs Zeiss and Minolta?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 70-210mm 2.8-4 vs Zeiss and Minolta? Reply with quote

I know Zeiss and Minolta 70-210mm lenses are very good, but are they worth the extra cost compared to the Vivitar Komine lens?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I followed this review --> vintagelensreviews.com/vlr/reviews/vivitar-tokina-series-1-70-210-mm-f3-5/

And purchased a Vivitar 70-210 (vr. II. Tokina Made) for 65 €.

It is really well maid and seems to be really tough. The push/pull zoom mechanism still works good, but it falls putting the lens upside down.

Here are some pictures with the A7 and of the lens itself, not edited. I dont use it at all because it is too big for me, but was a nice adquisition; i havent bought any other long focal lenght lens after this.

All the best,

[/url]

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/201810/big_10891_DSC02223_4.jpg]

Last edited by Pacónidas on Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pacónidas wrote:
I followed this review --> [url=http://vintagelensreviews.com/vlr/reviews/vivitar-tokina-series-1-70-210-mm-f3-5/]

And purchased a Vivitar 70-210 (vr. II. Tokina Made) for 65 €.

It is really well maid and seems to be really tough. The push/pull zoom mechanism still works good, but it falls putting the lens upside down.

Here are some pictures with the A7 and of the lens itself, not edited. I dont use it at all because it is too big for me, but was a nice adquisition; i havent bought any other long focal lenght lens after this.

All the best,

[url=[/url]

Here you go
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Laugh 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to do a bit of a comparison of the viv's, and also the tamson sp's + the kiron "zoomlock" here:

http://www.groupoids.org.uk/photography/TamronVSvivitar/70-210mm.html

for me the komine was definitely the best of the 3 viv's I tested. There was little to choose between them a lot of the time - the flower shots for example, they were all good.
Overall though I have to say that the lens that surprised me was the kiron zoomlock! Given that you can pick one of these up for next to nothing, I suggest it's well worth a try.
I can't comment on the zeiss, I've never had one. The minolta was one of the first mf lenses I picked up when I started dslr'ing and even though it had significant fungus it impressed as a sharp zoom. But Md mount and pentax don't go together so I moved it on.