Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 400mm f5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 400mm f5.6 Reply with quote

Vivitar 400mm f5.6 serial number 28002176 ( is that Komine mfr? ) in Canon FD breechlock. Can be used on Micro 4/3 or NEX families. I've had absolutely no problems using it via either my Big-Is adapter or Canon Lens mount converter B on my Lumix. Please note, I'm not selling either of those.

Condition is absolutely first class, optically, mechanically and cosmetically. Focusing is firm but smooth and easy, iris blades oil free, even the telescopic lens hood holds firmly in place when pulled out. Iris has hexagonal shape when stopped down but keeps a nice rounded form down to f11. The tripod mount can be locked at any angle and is rock-solid. It takes 77mm filters. Complete with front and rear caps.

I bought it a couple of years ago to photograph a family of woodpeckers we had regularly in our garden, but they seem to have moved on and the lens has been sitting doing nothing for over a year. Closest focus is 6 meters / 20 feet, but I got round that by using the shorter extension tubes from an FD set. If you use it on a solid tripod and get the focus right, it's pretty good !

Price £30 plus shipping by mutually agreed route. Although it's a fairly heavy thing, I still have the original polystyrene clamshell so the parcel weight shouldn't be too bad. Payment by PayPal is the easiest way.